Dave Burton (BEB)

Posted by Devcon1 on 05/01/2019 11:48:07:
If the family expresses any wishes for chosen charity donations I would be grateful to hear.

I should be able to find out at the funeral, possible before, so will report back to you all. I'll let everyone know about the funeral date and time as soon as I have it. 

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 06/01/2019 20:53:40

The service for Dave is on Monday 21st Jan at St Andrews Church, Meols, Wirral, CH473AQ at around 11am.

Steve Hargreaves has prepared a book containing all the kind remarks on this thread and and we’ll pass this to the family on Monday.

Ken, that’s a nice idea, we’ll certainly do something to mark Dave’s Contribution to the forum. 

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 16/01/2019 21:22:37

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 16/01/2019 21:28:20

All....

As David noted above we have put together a "Book of Condolence" for Dave's family containing all the kind & thoughtful comments expressed by the forum members. It also contains a few pictures of DB as I am sure he would like to be remembered, with fellow forum members at various fly-ins over recent years.

I thought I would share a few pictures of the book.

dave 1.jpg

dave 2.jpg

dave 3.jpg

My thanks to David Ashby for the pictures & to Chris Bott who did all the hard work downloading all the posts from this thread.

The document will be presented to Dave's family during his Funeral on Monday.

With special thanks to all members who posted their condolences.

I opened my newly delivered RCM&E just now and was very shocked to read the news about Dave's passing. I felt compelled to log in to the forum immediately as he was such a big part of its fabric, not to mention the countless hours he has spent helping us all.

It was always a pleasure to see him whenever our paths crossed at Greenacres and the Nats.
God bless you Dave, we were lucky to have known you.

Great job with the book Chris, it will bring some comfort to his family knowing that we appreciated his presence online, in print and in person.

Class of 2014 (Greenacres)

Class of 2014

Posted by Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 19/01/2019 16:48:43:

All....

As David noted above we have put together a "Book of Condolence" for Dave's family containing all the kind & thoughtful comments expressed by the forum members. It also contains a few pictures of DB as I am sure he would like to be remembered, with fellow forum members at various fly-ins over recent years.

I thought I would share a few pictures of the book.

dave 1.jpg

<snip>

My thanks to David Ashby for the pictures & to Chris Bott who did all the hard work downloading all the posts from this thread.

The document will be presented to Dave's family during his Funeral on Monday.

With special thanks to all members who posted their condolences.

Well done everyone, this is entirely appropriate considering Dave's huge involvement in aeromodelling in so many ways.

Edited By Ian Jones on 20/01/2019 13:01:15