New EDF Mini Jets- Hunter & Phantom

Well its been almost a year since i have last 'pend' a design and the plan was (excuse the pun) to back off and do things at my own pace.....Well it seems my previous pace was a bit of a drug and going Cold Turkey hasn't worked so have to admit I have fallen off the waggon so to speak. I suppose the difference is I'm not now working to any deadline and that in itself is a sort of liberation!....Fortunately the health issues that materialized last year are now under control and as many of you know, modelling is great creative therapy for the mind and soul.....not being active i have come to realise has a detrimental effect!.....im sure you will all agree....Unfortunately the Balsa allergy has not improved so that is the limiting factor at the moment.

So here are the latest offering with absolutely no time scale as to when they will be available (that sounded good!)

So designed with the same power set up as the MiG ad Sabre....ie 50mm 3S fan, 30amp ESC and 1500mah lipo.....AUW 16oz

capture.jpg

capture1jpg.jpg

Edited By Tony Nijhuis on 04/02/2019 22:10:40

Fantastic to see you at it again Tony, and sorry to hear of your health problems. Lovely work on that Hunter. Really looking forward to these two.

That Phantom looks a bit Speyish to me  - going for a Brit one? ( I am already planning an Alcock and Brown or Boscombe Down version. Keen, moi?) 

Edited By Stuart Quinn-Harvie 1 on 06/02/2019 16:25:23

So manged to knock out the Phantom over the past two days so haven't lost the knack!!!!

img_6937.jpg

Ready for a test fly.....and the chucky glider to determine where the C of G....the chucky flew really well and stable too.. hope the model reflects it!

img_6944.jpg

trying out the FMS 50mm 3S fan....lovely and smooth so really impressed with quality

img_6947.jpg

img_6946.jpg

Been test flying both models over the last few days and the Hunter really is the better one out the two....for the Phantom i used the FMS 12-bladed 50mm fan unit for 3s and a 40amp controller. For the Hunter I used the AEO 8-bladed 50mm fan on a 30amp controller....the FMS is such a smooth and powerful fan and soon decided to swap out the Hunter AEO fan and fit the FMS.....what a transformation....

Not sure i will pursue the Phantom as it just doesn't live up to my expectation especially when compared to the Hunter...

Hi Tony

Those mini jets look awesome! Another good one to consider would be the Panavia Tornado that's sadly retiring this year from active RAF service. The potential for aircraft to be done with these FMS fans is endless F35 JSF, F22 Raptor, F14 Tomcat, F15 Eagle(I know you done a pusher prop one years ago ) Thanks for all your designs over the years.

Kind Regards

Steve