Prostate Cancer

Martian

One good thing you can say about the younger generations, is that they are more prepared to talk about these problems.

As opposed to ours and previous ones.

Had the full set of tests done (family history) and so far fine.

The local hospital was brilliant and the biopsy was less stressful (and painful) than having a tooth filled ! 

Martian,

Really sorry to hear your PSA figures seem to be going in the wrong direction.

Like you I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in April 2019. 

Many of us are grateful to you for your courage in starting this thread and promoting discussion of this key mens' health issue. Will be thinking of you as you go for tests.

On 17/02/2022 at 09:34, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Thanks David, i was 'scraped' for an enlarged prostate a few years ago, however the Answer three quick questions to check your risk.

wont work for me, can you post them ?.

I am just recovering from the 'Scrape' that you refer to.Its taken 5 months to start to recover, mainly the pain. Well on the way now , so feeling much better. How ever long, its been worth it.

bas

Piers - I know this is a model forum so will minimise my comments - yes those 3 symptoms are on the low magnesium list. The low magnesium list is long because magnesium is critical to hundreds of metabolic processes. 

The most up to date, informative and readable book on low Magnesium is "The Magnesium Miracle - 2nd edition" by Dr Carolyn Dean (see Amazon) read it and you will have a new outlook on basic health.

I have been following this thread since the start, thanks to all who have contributed. 

I took Tamulosin but was not convinced it made any differance. I also had bladder stones as a complication. I had the turps combined with stone crushing, quite interesting to watch on the monitor !

Flow is much better and I go through the night. I had to use a catherter for a couple of weeks and had several urine infections as a result but now all is ok.

On 19/02/2022 at 12:08, RedBaron said:

The most up to date, informative and readable book on low Magnesium is "The Magnesium Miracle - 2nd edition" by Dr Carolyn Dean (see Amazon) read it and you will have a new outlook on basic health.

Please be aware that the book is essentially a sales pitch for ReMag, and is a pretty unscientific treatise. I'm not dismissing it out if hand, but making the assumption that taking Magnesium supplements is going to solve a whole world of health woes is dangerous stuff as it encourages people to assume that the symptoms of potentially serious illness are solely due to low Mg levels. 

I just want to throw a bit of caution in here, just because someone has the initials m.d after their name, doesn't necessarily make them an authority.