Build your own telemetry sensors.

Having just found this article in a back copy I’m aware I’m four years too late…. However, are boards still available anywhere or is it possible to have them made here in the UK? 
im also looking at mods to handle 8S if anyone has done this?

Any pointers for someone just starting down the telemetry route gratefully received!

• 1 month later...

I was looking to build a sensor like this a couple of years ago. I even found an Arduino library for FlySky telemetry instead of Frsky and got that bit working. However the current sensors were out of stock everywhere because of the general chip shortage problems. 

I have been checking on-and-off since, and finally stock is coming back for all of the useful variants! At least at RS and Farnell, not in the smaller places.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I realise this is an old thread but hopefully someone will read this, I've been using these current/voltage sensors successfully since the beginning and now have a few of them. I've installed two of them in a twin EDF but have found the ID (No.2) conflicts with each other so my Radiomaster with Edge TX  won't read them individually. With Frsky sensors you can change the sensor ID with a servo channel changer but this only works for Frsky sensors.

Is there a way to change the sensor ID of these current/voltage sensors to stop the conflict.

Thanks in anticipation...

tHE idS USED ARE DEFINED IN THE FILE "oXs_config_advanced.h":

// ***** 1.2 - SPORT_SENSOR_ID used (only for Frsky Sport protocol)  *****   See list of available values in oXs_config_descripion.h
#define         DATA_ID_VARIO  0x00  // = sensor 0 used for Alt and Vspeed
#define         DATA_ID_FLVSS  0xA1  //          1 used for Cell values
#define         DATA_ID_FAS    0x22  //          2 used for vfas , current and fuel
#define         DATA_ID_GPS    0x83  //          3 used for GPS data
#define         DATA_ID_RPM    0xE4  //          4 used for rpm, T1, T2, airspeed
#define         DATA_ID_ACC    0x67  //          7 used for Acc X, Y, Z
#define         DATA_ID_TX     0x0D  //           used to read data sent by Tx in order to adjust some oXs parameters (flow sensor or ppm)

You need to change the values there for the second sensor, then flash it. Probably change the values back after. If just using current and voltage, the DATA_ID_FAS is the one to change.

Mike