• 9 months later...

Dan, been in contact with SELC about a cut kit. I am trying to contact Peter before progressing as it is his design.

In short before cutting starts they must have some sort of CAD file for the machine to use. They can make a CAD file from the plan, obviously at some cost, understandably, so in my mind the possiblity of who's CAD it is and then who's who after that?????????????

So if I speak to Peter first and run it by him. IF it goes then a kit will be available.

Barry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a link for the L'l Cub at SLEC? I'll almost certainly build one but I was intending to scratch build from the plan, however it's probably worth checking costs first. I'll probably need to stock up on wood anyway.

I've just discovered from watching the full size on YouTube that the pilot's name is Knapp, which was our family name until it was changed early last century because of anti-German sympathies. So I guess I have to build it now!

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

There was not a link actually, at least not when I ordered it!

I sent an email inquiry and a few days later the kit was ready, just have to pick it up tomorrow from the courier!

Tina from Slec very kindly emailed me a few days after I had ordered to let me know the kit was cut and ready to send to me!

Received my Lil Cub and started the build. Hope it all goes well and look forward to hearing from other Lil Cub builders how they get on with their build. I am a relative newbie wood basher after a layoff for more years than I care to mention, so any ideas are always welcome.

J

Peter,

Thank you for the reply.

I am building to the July 2019 plans, so is there an update as you suggest and if so where can I find it?

Can you also give some indication on fixing of the LE slat mounting?

Slec did a fine job on the supply and delivery.