AND finally.....the 'Mini Jet' TSR2

Well there has been 8 mini jets to date, 2 in last years RCME special, 1 in the next issue of RCME and 5 more to come over the next year in RCM&E......so is that the end...?????.....well not quite......

Here's the final offering and yet another indulgence for me....the TSR2 on a single 50mm EDF...wings are a little stretched buy hey, let see what happens

capture.jpg

Hi Tony. About stretching the TSR2 wings, according to the book by Damien Burke, there was a study for the big wing considered in January 1963 for a possible strategic version as the small and highly loaded wing was a drawback. Version 1 has increased span to 44.36 feet and leading-edge sweep was reduced to 58.5 degrees.

Total wing area 840 sq feet. (703 sq feet for standard wing - span 37.14 ft)

Version 2, Span increases to 51.80 feet, sweep reduced to 48 degrees and wing area increased to 980 sq feet.

Tailplane in each case was left unchanged. But the increased take off weights meant the tailplane’s authority is reduced.

In the end, the proposal was a dead end as the cost was mounting and quietly dropped.

I will send a PM of photos taken from the book.

• 4 months later...

So the single fan version wasnt a success in terms of speed and performance but it was such a stable and lovely model to fly......sooooo stable. So I decided to increase the size by 30% and fit a second 50mm edf fan (side by side)....and SUCCESS!!!

Decide to make this one with built up wing and use Tailerons for simplicity. So two 3S FMS fans and operating from a single 4S 4000mah 30C lipo... AUW at the moment 2 1/4 lbs. Easy to hand launch too

img_7880.jpg

img_7881.jpg