Best budget lipo?

SIMON CRAGG

+1 for zippy from HKing. Very low internal resistance, even on 25C rating. Just need to get in when the right size are in UK stock. Also the web site gives £prices, but the bill comes in USD and your bank may charge, and may have a different exchange rate. Still one of the least expensive options.

Posted by Dad_flyer on 06/10/2019 16:20:02:

+1 for zippy from HKing. Very low internal resistance, even on 25C rating. Just need to get in when the right size are in UK stock. Also the web site gives £prices, but the bill comes in USD and your bank may charge, and may have a different exchange rate. Still one of the least expensive options.

Brilliant batteries but by the way it is best to buy your stuff from the European warehouse - believe it or not postage is cheaper / free over £39 (?) and they have a better range of products than the UK . The Zop batteries even when new have 3 times the internal resistance of other brands ...

These two are made by "SODIAL", never heard of them, but they are 3300mah 6s 45c, so I suppose its a case of wait until / if they turn up!. Just done a bit of research and they look like "FLOUREON" packs, which get mixed reviews. Bit worried because "FLOUREON" is missing from the case!.

Edited By SIMON CRAGG on 09/10/2019 17:01:23

I've been very happy with the Fluoron packs I've had. They've all been 4S 4AH and exhibit very low ESRs of about 5 milliohms which is more than adequate for my purposes. One thing I do like is that they have those 4mm joined bullet connectors (which I always separate) with same polarity as the convention I adopted back in the days of 7 cell NiCad packs. I usually have to cut off and resolder 4mm bullet connectors from Turnigy. Another is that they're shorter than Turnigy and fit my Tiger Moth.

One problem is that they're sometimes not available in the size I want.

A very heavy user at the club has also had a good experience with Fluoron.

I wonder how many actual manufacturers of LiPos there are. I have a suspicion that there's a fair amount of badge engineering out there.

Geoff

I've just noticed that the Nobel Prize for chemistry has been awarded to 3 scientists who worked om lithium-ion batteries. John B Goodenough, M Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino share the £740,000.

Goodenough is 97 and still works in his llab every day.

We should be grateful to all 3.

Geoff

Simon

The effectiveness of budget batteries does rather depend on what you intend to do with them.

If you halve their claimed C rating, and never exceed it, the slightly higher internal resistance of a budget battery is not a issue. Under such circumstances even budget LiPo have a reasonable life.

Of course some budget batteries may not have the full claimed capacity either but if you are flying using 10c or less at full power you are probably not going to find a small 'under capacity' too much of a problem.wink 2