1s LiPos and receivers

Tim Donald

I have been trying to get my head around LiPo batteries and have done quite a bit of reading. I now have a better understanding but have one question. Many small models such as DLG gliders etc. seem to be very tight on space and the specs say use a 1S Lipo and micro receiver / servos. As I understand it that is 3.7v but the only micro receiver that I can find for my Futaba T10J is the R3004SB which is 4.8 to 7.4v. The standard size R3008SB is 3.5 to 8.4v so I assume this would work from a 1S Lipo but it wouldn't fit the model. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Or maybe there is a better guide online somewhere. Everything I have found has been general Lipo info and often more focused on motors and ESC's.

It never used to be such a minefield !!!

Thanks dad_flyer, I will check out what Micron have to offer.

I don't think that one is compatible Pat, but thanks anyway. I have found one that is but not sure about mixing brands. I have asked Ripmax if there is a suitable Futaba one so will see what they say. Plan B would be to use the R3004SB receiver with high voltage servos and a small 2S Lipo.