Tony's F-86 Sabre Build

• 2 weeks later...

Very festive Tony. yes

A few PSS models have benefited from high intensity LED lights in the nose, especially when dropping below the skyline when landing.

I would consider replacing the white nose lights with bigger or brighter LED's if they'll work with the controller? Standard LED's don't seem to stand out very well in daylight.

Chris, many thanks for your advice and insight into the use of LED lights. As an inexperienced first time builder I will stick with the contents of the standard kit at this time as I do not yet have the knowledge to add/mix other electrical components but I will keep your suggestion in mind for the next build project. Also, I have decided to assemble all 4 wing skins before the wing jig is placed on the building board. I have ensured that I have allowed some extra width for the curvature of the wing ribs. Photograph to follow later. Advice from Martin Gay regarding "Straws" for the servo wires has resulted in the purchase of some jumbo straws from a well known internet site that has an internal diameter of 10mm which will allow both the wires and connectors to pass through them without the need to dis-assemble and re-solder.

• 2 weeks later...