TN Hurricane

Marko

I was gently turning left when it crashed, and the model's first non-commanded movment was also to the left, and it just kept spinning that way. I've been flying helis and quads for quite a few years now, so I'm used to using my left thumb, but I must admit I don't often use it with fixed-wing models. I'll try to remember that, and maybe mix some rudder in on the trannie -- does it need opposite rudder on right turns too, or is it just in one direction?

Edited By Allan Bennett on 15/12/2020 13:51:50

If you are a heli pilot that helps with rudder use. Think everyone should fly heli's just for the rudder practice. I never recommend mixing it on the tx though as you often need to use it in opposition to the ailerons, especially in a WWI fighter or a tiger moth etc. In WWII Fighters it is less common to use them in opposition with loops being the most obvious situation as large amounts of right rudder are needed on the vertical and left aileron is needed to stop it rolling. At least, this is the case when you do a WWII fighter sized loop. If you just whip it round acrowot style its not a problem.

Cannot now remember if it is supposed to have washout, but the TN Spits do. Putting the ailerons up a bit is the simplest way to find out if it was needed.

Surprised to read of using opposite rudder. Put in left and it rolls that way: on a slow or point roll the aileron input needs to be removed on the last quarter because of this.

Mine will tend to slide downwards sideways if too much bank is applied, otherwise quite docile and much easier to land than a Spit.

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 15/12/2020 15:31:46:

Cannot now remember if it is supposed to have washout, but the TN Spits do. Putting the ailerons up a bit is the simplest way to find out if it was needed.

.... otherwise quite docile and much easier to land than a Spit.

I though it would be more docile, which is why I built it frown I've got flaps, so maybe a slight touch of flaps would also help next time (I wasn't using them on that flight).