Don't say you didn't fly this weekend

I disagree with the title of this thread.

Today has been 50/50 rain and not, yesterday was mostly wet. Through the week we had a lot of decent weather most of which I used on a back-log of ground maintenance. This should show good results when we get the odd dry day through the winter, and especially from spring next year

Glad some had fun though

not bad here in somerset too flew thurs and fri evening and all day sat with only one bit of damage soon repaired too even got me a little bipe war bird that was going cheap  just need to find out where the CoG is now so if you've ever had a foamy fokker D VII pop into all things flying and answer my plea for help please

Just goes to show that the weather is very mixed in this island home of ours. If my helis were charged I could have flown them this morning as it was flat calm but no sun.  Those that did fly, great keep it up.   Those that unfortunaly missjudged and suffered "Controlled Flight Into Terrain"  (CFIT) will have found the soggy ground still not a good place to arrive at at speed!!

Get out and Fly

John M

Glad you guys had such nice weather and able to fly all weekend.  Here in Dubai we are blessed with at least 361 days of sunshine per year, even in deepest mid winter the temp may be at 10 first thing in the morning but by lunchtime a lovely 25 or so.  Far too hot in summer, but we still fly and get to the field at about 06:00 for a couple of hours before the heat and humidity forces us back to the air conditioned cars and houses. 

It is nice to know that we can finish a plane and decide to fly the next weekend (Friday or Saturday).

However, I am coming over to the UK on Wednesday 1st October for 10 days and hopefully the weather will hold.  Will be visiting family near Heathrow and the models shops at Slough and West London Models are on the agenda for visits.  Will pay a visit to the Harlington Sports Grounds to see if anyone is flying on Wednesday afternoon (weather permitting).

Enjoy the flying.

sunflowers eh not as bad the willow crop they used to grow for power station bio mass. alongside my old clubs flying site in doncaster 12 to 16 feet tall and about 2 foot apart about 30 acres of them many a happy hour spent wandering up and down listening for the forlorn bleep of a lost model locator  one thing though if some one went in all club members present would get stuck in good for morale

Saturday is a no-no for me but Sunday ...........

Flew my Rogue in the park @ 6:30  

At the field for 10:00.  Mixed day - bashed the underfin off my EasytStreet, found a problem with the ESC on my Tucano, dropped the Rogue and cracked tailplane  but got a dozen or so flights in before going home.  Flew the Wot4 (of course !), EHawk, Giles, Mini Panic, Twin Star.

I was on my own for the first hour but then a few more turned up - in the hour and a half they were there before I left though, they only had one flight between them - just stood around talking and pottering with their planes.

Started off beautifully calm but wind steadily rose through the day. 

All in all, a good day.

GG

Lots of sun in West Yorkshire this weekend .

Flew the 109 on Saturday. My Wife (bless her) tried to film the 109,same result Sky, ground, grass, sky dot in the sky etc, oh well

Screen shot with the 109 prior to launch

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc2/kelly2uk/1092a.jpg

On Sunday flew the Boomerang,much better as a tail dragger. I would recommend converting to a tail dragger if you are flying from grass.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc2/kelly2uk/P1010017-11.jpg

Funny thing is I find it more difficult to fly than the 109 or Spitfire .

Well its raining today looks like the end of the brief Indian summer then ???