Orchestra on your patch

Cliff 1959

One of my flying mates just made reference to a post on Facebook about needing a group the size of an orchestra soon to fly legally!

This immediately got me thinking, what a fantastic idea.

Personally something along the lines of the Battle of Britain theme would suit me but what would you like them to play while you fly?

Posted by john stones 1 on 18/12/2019 17:14:27:

Hawkwind..In search of space.

If you could persuade Hawkwind to play at the field you could take the silencers off all the IC engines as nobody would hear them above their music. Went to see them once in Southend, was at the back with my fingers in my ears and was still partially deaf for three days after.

And for the free flight fraternity....One day I’ll fly away, Randy Crawford

For the novice...Learning to fly, Foo Fighters. One of my all time

And now you with  height restrictions, some can’t play....Eight miles high, The Byrds 

Edited By cymaz on 18/12/2019 22:32:04

Edited By cymaz on 18/12/2019 22:34:56

Edited By cymaz on 18/12/2019 22:35:18

B.O.B is stirring  music. I went to Leeds castle a few years ago to the Music in the park . During the afternoon we had War movie themes accompanied by a Spitfire and a Hurricane flying overhead . Later  as Dusk was falling the orchestra played the Battle of Britain music and the spitfire flew overhead . A spectacular display as the sun set over Leeds Castle . Lump in the throat stuff ! The link is of the old warden display but you get the idea . The pilot who was in radio contact with the show flew until the sun Had set and then announced he had to get back to Headcorn  air field a bit quick !! I cant find a recording of the actual event but This Leeds Castle video gives some idea with a  brief shot of a spitfire in the middle of the clip .

AC /DC Highway to Hell or Top Gun for jets .

Edited By Engine Doctor on 19/12/2019 12:26:05

I play the soundtrack album from The Battle of Britain on the trip to and from the flying field every trip. Now that I have a nice field five minutes away I don;t get beyond Ron Goodwin's Aces High March, but visiting my other sites allows the whole thing to be played through, at least once.

It gives a warm fuzzy feeling coming away from the field to Battle in the Air and at my old club field I could time it for the last note to sound, just as I pulled up outside the Hangar