wont start

Trevor Grace 1

Posted by Denis Watkins on 22/12/2019 16:09:16:

Right Trevor, many recent Rx are DSMX

Which don't work on DSM2

BRCHobbies have a good range of DSM2 Receivers for your DX7

As early DX7 were DSM2 only

I thought a DSMx Rx would work with a DSM2 transmitter but not the other way round. I have got an early DSM2 only Dx6i and have bound it to several DSMx receivers with no issues. Note these are all non-telemetry types so that may not apply to telemetry receivers.

Just one other thing, if you've bound the receivers in one model memory and then changed to another model memory they won't work, model match on Spektrum binds the receiver to specific model memories, if you wish to reuse a receiver on a different model memory then you have to rebind it to that model memory.

What receiver is it? Is it the Spektrum AR620 which I believe has an input marked BATT but the input you need for throttle is marked 1.The BATT input is for the connection of an external BEC (not an ESC) and supplies power and everything but the throttle will work, attach the ESC  lead to 1 and you should get the throttle function to work too.

Edited By Shaun Walsh on 22/12/2019 17:38:36

Edited By Shaun Walsh on 22/12/2019 17:53:25

Edited By Shaun Walsh on 22/12/2019 17:53:55

Edited By Shaun Walsh on 22/12/2019 17:54:07

Edited By Shaun Walsh on 22/12/2019 17:54:45

I second Trevor's remark about what a great forum this is. The wealth of knowledge of those who are prepared to help other modellers solve a problem is praiseworthy indeed. It is akin to a healthy club environment where if you need help someone is always willing to assist. Despite having 50 years in this hobby I learn something new each week. Long live this forum.

I second Trevor's remark about what a great forum this is. The wealth of knowledge of those who are prepared to help other modellers solve a problem is praiseworthy indeed. It is akin to a healthy club environment where if you need help someone is always willing to assist. Despite having 50 years in this hobby I learn something new each week. Long live this forum.

Posted by Denis Watkins on 22/12/2019 16:09:16:

Right Trevor, many recent Rx are DSMX

Which don't work on DSM2

BRCHobbies have a good range of DSM2 Receivers for your DX7

As early DX7 were DSM2 only

All my recently bought dsmx receivers work fine with my DSM2 only early (2012) DX7. They do take a few seconds longer to link though. As I understand things Spektrum Dsmx RXs are backward compatible with old DSM2 TXs but your old DSM2 RXs are useless with DSMX only trannies.

A method of daisy chaining servos, with a decoder in the system, that sorts out what servo extracts information from the daisy chain. Think, one plug into the receiver, one wire to the wing, loads of servos in the wing, or one wire to the back, multiple sevoes back there. Sometimes the decoder is in the servo, so you just daisy chain them off one receiver plug.

So endeth my knowledge base. Welcome to the new tech learning curve.

If you are interested, there is a (database, thread?) on this site, somewhere, a glossary of modern terms.