AR 410 Spektrum reciever

fly boy3

Hi all, I have purchased the above Xr from a well known on line supplier. I want to use it in my DX6i tranny. As the Xr is a modern one, and my Xt is relatively old, the supplier said, when asked re compatability that he was 99.9% certain that it would be fine. Can any one confirm this. Thanks

Thanks all for the info. For Denis, yes it has a large X positioned bottom r/h of screen. The Tx was bought 4years ago but never used. On the manual it states DMXS. Apologies for seemingly daft questions, but I still use 35mhz, and after thirty years of flying with this marvellous system I have decided to give 2.4ghz a go lol. Cheers

Thanks all again, I am now a happy bunny. All I need to do now is to get my head around Spektrum programming with its two sections ie "set up" and "adjust"lists. Always been a Futaba man, but pension restraints did not allow me to buy Futaba 2.4 ghz radio. Cheers

I need some more info on this Xr please. No info on pin connectors in package. Ok,it says batt, then 1 data, 2,3,4. I assume these are as my old Fut. Xr, ail.ele,throttle, rudder. Also no info as how to bind, just says it has a bind button. As this is my first ever 2.4ghz job, I would like to know how to bind. Is it similar to bind plug operation as per manual ? Thanks

Throttle, Elevator, Aileron, Rudder is the normal Spectrum convention. For the AR410 Rx port A/1 is Battery, B/2 is Data or throttle, ports 3 - Elevator, 4 - Aileron, 5 - Rudder.

If using an ESC with BEC then power is via the Throttle port, for IC battery goes to port A/1.

Bind procedure from manual:

1. Push and hold the bind button on the receiver while powering up the receiver. Release the Bind button once the orange LED starts to fl ash continuously, indicating that the receiver is in bind mode. The receiver will also enter bind mode if you power on the receiver and then press the bind button before the receiver has connected to any transmitter.

2. Put your transmitter in bind mode.

3. The bind process is complete when the orange LED on the receiver is solid.

4. After you set up your model, always rebind the transmitter and receiver to set the desired failsafe positions

HTH

Ian

Edited By BackinBlack on 10/01/2020 18:04:38

I have one of these receivers which I want to use in a glider. First, the servo plug orientation is moulded into the plastic next to where the servos plug into. You might need a magnifying glass to read them, I did. They are as Denis has said. Next, I was hoping to use the throttle port for spoilers (no motor) but a servo plugged into there doesn’t work from the throttle stick. Does that output only work with an ESC? If so it’s a 3 channel receiver for gliders. As this is a RES glider I’m putting the rudder servo in the aileron output to fly onthe rh stick in mode 2. Btw, don’t worry about range, I have an AR410 in an electric model, range is as far away as I can see the plane.

Posted by Nigel R on 10/01/2020 20:02:23:

Is your tx set up to use that channel? I understand some glider setups may not be.

That's correct, in sailplane model set up the throttle channel is usually pre-configured for camber or similar functions and the throttle is assigned to a switch for simple on/off operation.

Like every item in the supermarket has a Barcode FB

Your Dx6i assigns each of your Receivers with a unique Code

Modelmatch prevents any other model being flown, other than the one in your Model Name window

Name each model that you Bind, throttle down, with a different Name in Model Memory

To set the Failsafe, each Receiver you bind, have your Throttle stick Down to Zero

On loss of signal, the throttle servo will shut down