Unisens E Telemetry Sensor

Broken Prop

I have one of these that has been sitting in a drawer for the last 5 years. I now have a use for it, but cannot find the data transfer cable for connection to my PC.

I obviously put it somewhere safe!

Does anyone know what type of plug the socket marked 'COMM' takes? The instructions say that a Multiplex lead 85149 fits, but mine doesn't. I have tried various phone type connectors but none of those fit either.

Any info would be gratefully received as I might then be able to make up a new lead.

many thanks

Pete

Posted by Denis Watkins on 15/01/2020 15:10:27:

Am pretty sure the COMM plug

Is occupied by your Receiver in flight

So the same as this plug

No COMM port is for connecting to SM Modelbaus own USB Lead, the Unidisplay or linking with their GPS Logger.

The 4 wire COMM port sits above the 3 wire link connector which plugs into the telemetry slot on the RX. You can use the link connector with the MPX USB adaptor, just remember to start the connection in the program before powering up the Unisens.

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 15/01/2020 15:22:33

Thanks to you all for the brilliant responses. With your help I have successfully reprogrammed the unit with current updates and revised settings. I don't think I would have got there on my own as my German is not good and the online translators produce 'Engrisch' rather than English!

I used the Multiplex 85149 cable which unfortunately was not in the bag labelled '85149'. Another cable was in there and I had been attempting to use that! A lesson learned there: Always put the correct cable back in its storage place.

I needed to set a height of 300 feet on the telemetry as our club flies in restricted airspace and our local ATC has recently reduced our height threshold to that level. I do not wish to transgress!

Once again thanks to all for your help. All I need now is some good weather to try it out. I think I may have a long wait.

Pete

Posted by Broken Prop on 15/01/2020 16:54:32:

......................... I don't think I would have got there on my own as my German is not good and the online translators produce 'Engrisch' rather than English!

Pete

There are English instructions here for UniSens, UniLog, and GPS Logger

There is also a link to them on the SM website.

Dick

• 2 years later...

I'm looking to buy one of these (140a, 4mm gold connectors) but am having difficulty. I haven't found any in the UK and the two EU sources I've tried so far (SM-Modellbau themselves and Hollein) don't seem to be shipping to the UK.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

TIA

Trevor

I ordered two last year and SM-Modelbau took the German VAT off, I was expecting to pay UK VAT to the courier, but I got lucky and they just arrived. Now if we could buy everything from the EU with no EU or UK VAT then I might change my mind about Brexit, but I believe from the beginning of this year the UK has tightened up on collecting the VAT. Let us know how you get on.

Great units even with the VAT ?