Need AA cells - best source for non-fake Eneloops?

Tony Smith 7

Hi, over time I'm trying to replace our low quality or ancient cells with decent one. Just now there's a new requirement for 8 AA cells, so time to buy some decent ones.

I see that fake Eneloops are now rife, in fact looking on Ebay just about every seller has bad feedback reporting they supplied fake.

So it looks like it might be a waste of money buying expensive cells but ending up with junk.

Can anyone recommend suppliers who are 100% certain to supply genuine?

Alternatively am I better with Vapextech which I would expect less likely to be fake,

Thanks, Tony S

Posted by BackinBlack on 25/01/2020 14:23:31:

Try one of the following, I've had good service from both.

Thanks. I've dealt with 4max in the past but I see they charge £9.45 postage for any sort of battery nowadays. Component Shop, I looked this morning and for some reason couldn't see the Eneloops, can't think how.

The Component Shop sell Eneloop and also Vapex Low Self Discharge which are cheaper. I have used Vapex AA in cameras for 3 or 4 years now also in a Spektrum Tx and they work extremely well. Especially useful in cameras as they are left for weeks or months and then still work well at a moments notice. The link for ComonentShop is here under " low self discharge"

Edited By kc on 25/01/2020 16:11:35

Posted by Tony Smith 7 on 25/01/2020 15:04:33:
Posted by BackinBlack on 25/01/2020 14:23:31:

Try one of the following, I've had good service from both.

Thanks. I've dealt with 4max in the past but I see they charge £9.45 postage for any sort of battery nowadays. Component Shop, I looked this morning and for some reason couldn't see the Eneloops, can't think how.

AA size Eneloops are on the Component Shop page of the link given by BackinBlack.

OTOH if you only need the cells for a low current use such as a Tx then Vapex Instants are probably just as suitable & virtually half the price.

Edit :   Eneloops assembled Tx batteries here.

Edited By PatMc on 25/01/2020 16:22:33

Posted by BackinBlack on 25/01/2020 15:54:43:

I understand what you say about 4 Max postal charges, I usually order quite significant amounts, so the postage isn't an important factor.

Can't blame Grorge for following the (postal) rules though.

Ian

None of the other retailers seem to have any problem following the same rules & achieving reasonable postal costs.

Thanks for all the links. I've dealt with 7day shop long ago, although I notice they now have pretty rotten feedback on Ebay for late delivery, defective items or not genuine etc.

FYI I need these cells for a wildlife camera, manufacturer says not to use rechargeable but the dealer guarantees it will work with Eneloops. And I need them fairly quickly or it's going to cost me in Duracells. So I think Plan A is to try Vapextech, hopefully they'll work. If not then it will need to be Eneloop from one of the UK based dealers recommended above. We have loads of other things used AA batteries so the Vapex won't be wasted in either case.

Thanks again.

If it is an eight cell pack for a Tx then don`t bother with Eneloops anymore. I do not know how they can be described as LSD. Get a TGY 3 cell Life pack from HK. They are as cheap as chips, lighter, much safer, do not self discharge at all and for some reason will last much longer from a charge. They come with a normal servo type plug plus a JR one.

Almost all of my i/c models now sport 700, 1100 or 1800 2s versions of these as well. It is amazing just how much longer these last before a charge is needed, but beware, a battery checker will always show the full 6.6V.