Receiver mounts/clips

Neil James

For Graupner HoTT receivers. Some models I can just stick it in place with double sided tape but others make it difficult to access the servo sockets afterwards and I don’t like to use Velcro for the gyro receivers, too wobbly!
I’ve knocked up a plywood cage for the current model but a ready to use mount would save time.

Edited By Neil James on 06/02/2020 15:31:21

Yes, now I know the company name I discovered it was on Nexus’ website: they still don’t have any in stock though which is a shame as the delivery charge from Germany is rather high.

I’d wondered if anyone was using a 3D printer to make them. I don’t have one, but I know a man who does 😉. Is there a library of whatever files a 3D printer uses somewhere that might have these?

• 6 months later...

Bob,

The advantage of the 3D printed ones are that the RX's can be easily removed from their very well attached cradle.

Velcro works for me apart from the giro RX where silicone sealer is a good solution or you get a very confused giro + I always have spare Velcro at the field, but not a 3D printer.

Bit of a balance between how often you swap RX's between models I suppose.

PS - slightly off topic but not much as I was warned and witnessed myself regarding cable ties or spiral cable wrap of servo cables right up to the RX - due to cable movement and lack of strain relief its possible for the loom cables to slowly work the servo plugs out of the RX with obvious and serve consequences crying