Miss Sizzle

Peter Miller

I recently wanted something to build without and pressure of photo etc so I enlarged the fuselage of my Size Zero by 115% and thickened The Ohmen wing and built the model.

As there seem to be a few people who like the look of it I have been persuaded to submit it as a plan.

There will be very few construction photos but it is a VERY standard build,

miss sizzle 2.jpg

miss sizzzle 1.jpg

The pilot is very nice but unfortunately no longer being made

dscf4352.jpg

I did source some nice stickers from a company on EBay and they kindly made me a left and right hand pairdscf4355.jpg

The cowling uses my very simple but effective mounting system using keyhole slots and small round head screws

dscf4348.jpg

A simple swivel catch at the bottom stops it riding up and coming loose

Now all I want is for the wind to drop so I can go and flt it

Edited By Peter Miller on 11/02/2020 15:27:49

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The pull out plan is in the printed version of RCME July 2020 and is plan No RC2221.

It's now called Miss Sizzles and searching the forum for that doesn't find this thread! Perhaps the Mods can adjust that?

This design is high on my build list as it has construction methods that suit me and it's a handy size..

Looking at the plan I noticed that the battery platform only allows 25mm height for the Lipo. That's enought for the specified 4Max Lipo but I measured my 3S2200 and found that many of them measure 30mm or 35mm in height after some use. Consequently I will lower the battery platform a bit but that will involve cutting F2 out a bit more. So I mention this in case anybody else needs to do so too. It's so much easier to do this at an early stage rather than on a completed fuselage! Of course the hatch could be hollowed out a bit at H2 to provide clearance too but i want lots of room for the plugs to go where ever they need to.

The latest Lipo packs do seem to be a lot thinner than the ones of a year or two ago. It's the same with 4S - they seem to be about 6mm thinner. My older packs are still going strong.at the moment.

• 1 year later...

Hi I have just finished my Miss Sizzles build, but due probably to me adding a bit here and there (GF wing bandage for a start) mine now tips the scales at an AUW of 3lbs 9.5ozs, my concern now is this extra weight, Peters was 3lbs , has anyone else out there built this model by Peter Miller, If so I would like to know what the weight of your model was and how it flew, mine is yet to have its maiden flight and with the extra wing loading which is now around 19ozs per sq.ft I am a bit worried this is going to be a problem, any advise would be appreciated.

The set up is this

Emax BL2820/07

40amp ESC

3000 Turnigy lipo

11/6 prop

Which gives 350W 31A full power

P1020105.JPG

P1020106.JPG

P1020110.JPG

P1020111.JPG

• Like 5

Bob, that's a very smart looking model.  I look forward to seeing it fly soon.    I would not have any worries about the weight or wing loading, but it would be interesting to hear the comments from other builders.