What Traders are still offering Mail Order? Services?

I just had a chat with Steve Webb.

He told me that Parcel force are not even delivering orders to him because they think the shop has shut down. He has a couple of orders including Saito Engines sitting out in limbo.

Of course the shop is still selling goods via mail order .by phone or on line

At least my post is still arriving.

Edited By Peter Miller on 30/03/2020 14:10:37

Edited By Peter Miller on 30/03/2020 14:11:20

Posted by Robin Colbourne on 30/03/2020 12:37:22:

I think this thread is an excellent idea. The shops that are still offering a mail order service are in many cases operating with a skeleton staff, so the last thing they need is us phoning up just to see if they are still open for this.

David Ashby, I appreciate you like to give priority to your regular advertisers, however, in these unique circumstances, by supporting and encouraging the UK hobby as a whole both customers and suppliers will benefit. The continued existence of UK suppliers both big and small can only be good for all of us in the long term.

Of course Robin, that's obvious and why I agreed to Steve's suggestion. wink

Great that so many mail order operations are operating. To give me something to build I have ordered and received two purchases over the last week and a half. Both despatched by model shops within 24hrs using Parcelforce.

One received in the advertised 48hrs. The other on 24hr delivery, sat according to their tracking, at Parcelforces Gatwick depot for 3 days before heading up to Leeds. Their website does say ‘may be delays’!

I didn’t need the contents immediately so not a problem but got worried it may have been lost.

Keep patient, unfortunately looks like we will have a lot of building time.

Posted by Peter Miller on 30/03/2020 14:09:32:

I just had a chat with Steve Webb.

He told me that Parcel force are not even delivering orders to him because they think the shop has shut down. He has a couple of orders including Saito Engines sitting out in limbo.

Of course the shop is still selling goods via mail order .by phone or on line

At least my post is still arriving.

Hi Pete

I don’t want to post loads as I want the thread to be about all UK stores trading through this difficult time . Not just an SWM thread . I’d like to thank everyone else for their posts and wish all the traders a safe time and hopefully light at the end of the tunnel .

Also - I just wanted to say we’ve managed to get Parcel Force to get one delivery they’d incorrectly decided not to deliver . Their mantra was - SWM are a shop therefor closed. Despite us realising this might happen and informing them we were open for deliveries . Apart from that the same firm collect from SWM everyday! Perhaps they are feeling the strain like everyone else.

Yes we advised deliveries could be made - Up the trades mans entrance . Oooer Mrs. Sorry I couldn’t resist a little Carry on Humour. It’s important to keep smiling & laughing .

The Saito parcel is already returned to a closed supplier before we realised PF we’re not delivering and before we were able to correct their error.So it’s in limbo until someone is in at the suppliers to take it back. So annoying as the distributor tried their best to get it to us. We have good stocks but we’re trying to best guess more stock while the supplier closed .

Thanks again everyone - Encouraging to know the trade is still doing what it can. When we come out of this we will still need a model trade and model shops to support the Hobby. And we will come out of it.

But above all else , Stay Safe , stay home , keep the NHS safe

Steve

PS

I can also add that I made a mail order purchase today with Free Flight supplies for some Mylar and bits with Mike Woodhouse at Free Flight Supplies are taking mail order as usual.

This is on the UK HK site:

UK Customers please note: Orders for this and any other products will be held and not dispatched until the UK Warehouse re-opens after the Government restrictions are lifted. All orders will be dealt with on a strictly first come first served basis whilst stocks last.

Had a word with Mike Woodhouse of Free Flight Supplies yesterday and he's still taking orders, I know he's not a shop but he's still trading. I shall be looking out of the window for delivery man.wink

Inwood Models at Huntingdon is still trading online, telephone sales and auction site with daily RM collections.

Posted by Peter Jenkins on 31/03/2020 23:57:06:

While searching Ebay for Robart pin hinges, I came across a model shop I'd never heard of. He's operating mail order and it's cheaper to go to him directly rather than through the bay. He's Darrin at DarBro RC Models. Excellent service - ordered yesterday and delivered today. Well done to him and to the Post Office.

Thank you for those amazing comments Peter. Yes, still posting orders out and so far all orders arriving quickly.

Great to see this thread but please also spare a thought for those that are not able to continue trading during this crisis and are seeing their businesses slowly disappearing. Things are going to be very different once this is over.

Hi Guys
As per a lot of hobby shops we are still accepting and sending out order to UK customers.
We are not accepting visitors at this time.
We have added a lot of accessories lately to help the budding builders out there.
Please click here for our accessories

Need a hand in selecting an electric motor for your latest project? then please drop us an email with as much information as you have and then we can advise the correct motor, ESC, prop, battery and even servos if needed.

Please click here to visit our website

Stay Safe
George