Simulator Needed

cymaz

Well the interface, leads and CDs I ordered from eBay arrived yesterday and it took just a few minutes to get them up and working with my original Phoenix flight simulator set-up, as already installed and my DX7. Everything seems to work fine, just needed the TX calibrating after a first very wild ride. I'd forgotten all about Aerofly and it all works fine with that as well. I haven;t installed any of the other software supplied.

We used to use a brilliant Multiplex simulator many years ago, I've almost certainly still got the discs. That had all the then Multiplex discs and was great fun as it included some games in there, including combat and a decent slope simulator. I doubt it would just be plug and play with Windows 7, but maybe it could be made to work with a DOS emulator?

Thanks for all the help here, particularly Cymaz. I have now received curtesy of Ebay a large 6 pin din plug and mono jackplug. Unfortunately the contacts on the din are so small that soldering on to them is somewhat outside my abilities mainly due to sight (even using magnifying glass) and the size of the soldering iron. I guess I will have to find a company near me to undertake this. It will have to be by post as I am in the category who should not go outside. This may have wait until after lock down which kind of defeats the point of having the simulator now !

• 2 weeks later...

After a delay I have now managed to obtain a link from my Futaba to the Flyingtech system so I went to download the Phoenix program.

This took about 10 minutes to download which I thought was a bit long but when I went to open it I got a message saying 'VLC could not identify the audio or video code'.

What program do I need to make tis software work OK please.

I have a result !! I tried to download Phoenix on to an older laptop and it was fine installed correctly. Not suitable for use however as the screen is cracked and the cursor wobbles !! Tried again on my current laptop and it still kept downloading to a VLC even with the app set to windows media player as the default.

I therefore removed the VLC program and it downloaded fine. I have played a bit but each flight has ended in a crash. The instructions with the model kit (Calder Craft Primary) show left hand control up and down for throttle and right hand up down elevator and side to side rudder. There is no aileron.

I may need to re enter the model details as so far I cannot get it to take off above about 3 feet high. There have been a spectacular number of crashes. As like many I am under lock down until at least end of June/ early July hopefully I will be a bit more experienced by then. !! Looks like having a simulator is a good idea.