Futaba 14SG

Keith Evans 3

Hi I have a setting up problem with my new model.

Some back ground info .I'm using a Futaba R2008SB Rx .and this is the12th model to be installed in my Tx -- 14SG ---Capacity is 30 models .

When setting up the throttle throws I get as close as I can mechanically then use the end point facility to fine tune .

I then set the fail safe ---thr. F/S b.f.s. ON Pos. set to fully closed at 56% .

Thr. cut switch is set as SH (spring loaded two way switch .

Setting ACT OFF Pos 17%

Here is the problem ----Throttle cut only activates when the cut off "pos" is dialled in to be greater than throttle pos. on the slider graphics .---BUT IN REVERSE --i.e. it opens up the throttle !!!! This is confirmed on the Servo monitor and on the plane itself .

I have tried another servo with the same results .

The only other thing to mention is that the throttle servo only starts to move from about 1/4 to 1/3 position on the T.x. all others start immediately i.e. rudder ,elevator etc .

I've been at this for two days and coupled with the lock down I'm starting to get a bit frustrated .This is the first time I've come up against this problem .It is either a really silly problem with me missing something obvious or it's going to be expensive .

All suggestions appreciated .

Solved it at last .

It seems that there is a link in the software between the throttle end point settings and the throttle cut off settings in the 14SG .

I managed to reduce the end point settings for the throttle positions a fair bit by having another go at mechanically setting it up . I must have been a bit lazy the first time around and dinner was on the horizon ! ! !

It now works as it should .

I'll celebrate tonight with a nice bottle of wine ! !

• 9 months later...

Hi

When I switch on the TX the normal main screen does not appear ,instead it goes into power mode . I am not touching the RTN button when I switch on . .If I then switch to RF ON I can then get the full main screen as normal and everything works fine.

Why has this happened ? How can I stop this happening? Do I have a fault ?

The TX has not been used for a month or so and is kept outside in my work room which is not heated until I'm there .

If I switch the power mode screen off without doing any thing then there is very very brief message that comes up.It is partly obscured by the main wording but is something like -----------cable is -------

Does this mean anything ?

Thanks in advance

Keith

I have had that throttle cut problem in the past ... not sure about power mode ?? .

. I think throttle cut it is explained in Malcolms book . The throttle cut setting is a percentage of the total servo throw. So if you don’t have enough difference between “end point” and “limit” it doesn’t give you much movement at all.

Edited By Tim Flyer on 27/01/2021 11:35:41

Edited By Tim Flyer on 27/01/2021 11:36:14

• 1 month later...

Hi Keith Evans 3,

I have just seen this thread. Do you sill have an issue with the 14SG? If so...

I suggest storing the 14SG in a warm dry place for a few days then see if the problem persists.

To access "power mode" (for performing range checks etc..) press RTN and switch on.. If the transmitter continues to access "power mode" unexpectedly I would suspect the RTN button is faulty and suggest having it replaced. 

I hope this helps.

Nick