HP Victor

Geoff Copping

Hi all, I decided I could do with a long term build during lockdowm.

Living in the Fens I'm usually a flat field flyer, thermal, electric glider etc.

I've re-entered the hobby after a long break but I've done some slope soaring, from a Zagi to a Calypso Contest all-moulded 3mtr and a few things in between. Ivinghoe or Borough Hill as I live halfway between the two.

I used to fly power for aerotowing, Titan 62cc and the ubiquitous Wot4.

Anyway, not having done scale before, I decided to take the plunge and was pleased to find that Sarik had a plan for an 82" HP Victor PSS which arrived today. I used to work on them in the 'olden days'. The plan is of a B2 but it won't take much to change it to a BSR2 on which I worked.

I don't need the HDU's under the wing, it's not a tanker but the BSR2 has a dog-leg and undercamber leading edge outboard of the droptanks that I'd like to replicate.

Looking forward to the build, get the cutting list done with a cup of Tea and Radio 4extra comedy.

Geoff

Great aeroplane but somewhat overshadowed by the Vulcan. My dad used to take me to the Battle of Britain show at RAF Coltishall in the mid 60s when I was a kid and I've never forgotten that unearthly banshee howl as they roared off in a simulated QRA demo. Good luck with the model.

Thanks chaps.

In the outer-wing there was three bag fuel tanks. At 9 stone fighting weight I was one of the few who, with my arms stretched above my head, were small enough to get to the end of the longest tank which was about 8ft long and only 8" square at the outer end.

Wearing a fuel resistant suit with a tail that connected to breathing air compressor, it was always a laugh to drop out of the wing and hop across the hangar like Mickey Mouse in front of Air Cadets being shown round the aircraft.

Aaah! Happy days.laugh

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...