Buddy Box And Flying Site Procedures In Current Situation

Preface - I am aware this will vary according to which part of the UK folk reside and fly in.

Based in Southern England, our club flying site, operating in the countryside, some distance from any dwellings has now re-opened for flying.

We are taking the recommended precautions of social distancing, parking cars further apart, use of sprays, gels, gloves and not handling other persons property.

So, how is your clubs and instructors dealing with trainees i.e, complete novices/new comers and all those still requiring to use a buddy box?

The majority of our club members, and seemingly similar in many if not most clubs, are 60+ years of age and very many 70+, therefore in the considered higher risk category. Unless I've missed it, BMFA have offered little if any guidance on recommended flying site practices and procedures.

Do you put a, hopefully, temporary halt to all training? Train using only 'wireless' buddy box connections or longer conventional wire leads, all to keep 2 metres person to person distance?

Any changes to numbers on the flight line at any one time? (We've said only 2 max, but in practice only 1 is ever in the air at any one time).

With collective best practice, let's hope we can keep flying safely whilst attending our flying sites.