Chris Foss Xtra Wot

Thanks Peter, it is an understatement to say that I am rather pleased with the results!

But, a couple of things needed changing, first the spinner, too pointy and too large so 3D print to the rescue

fullsizeoutput_158f.jpeg

And the bandy legs replaced with straight legs

fullsizeoutput_1590.jpeg

I'm a lot happier now.

That's fantastic Ron, especially considering the time taken. Well done.

I have just designed a spinner for my 1/4 scale moth minor but I'm concerned about it with the rpms and coming apart. It's going on a ST 3000 with a big prop so not as high rpms as electric.

Do 3d printed spinners hold up well?

Gary

Edited By Gary Clark 1 on 04/07/2020 19:48:49

Ron, have just been reading your build log again as it is excellent. I am wondering again about your power train. I thing that you have a Hyperion Z4045/12 which is a lot different to a ZS4045/12. The ZS is a lower kv higher current motor which is ok on 12s. If you have the ZS you should be ok but if it is the Z then be prepared to prop down. My figures were for the Z4045 but the ones in the rc groups forum were for the ZS hence the difference in results. It looks as if you will be ready to test very soon so I look forward to your results.

All the best...Chris.

Maiden flight today - no issues at all! C of G was spot on and only needed 2 clicks on ailerons to fly straight and level, hands off. Plenty of grunt so big loops no problem and lovely slow rolls. Just got to sort out the controls for better knife edge. But boy oh boy is that tail skid noisy on the tarmac, going to have to do something about that!

Video of flight should hopefully follow later on tonight.

Edited By Ron Gray on 07/07/2020 17:50:32

I fitted a 16x8 APC prop and during that flight I pulled a max of 47 amps when I climbed from 50m to 150m in 10 secs using just over 3/4 throttle producing 1750 w. The flight lasted 7 minutes and I had 50% left in the batteries.

When I climbed for a stall turn it felt like it would just keep going, so next time I'm going to give it full throttle!