Third time lucky?

EarlyBird

I was introduced to model flying when I was at school in the early 60s as part of the youth club. I started with a KK glider which flew am I assume now not very well but then at the age of 12 how would I know. My mates and me soon progressed to control line quickly learning how to make them indestructible. Simple really loads of epoxy and ply then fit a big engine, AM25 in my case second hand of course.

Second time was in the early 90s my two sons showed interest we built a couple of planes bought RC equipment and my eldest who was 9 at the time flew for a total of seconds.

So this is the third time and it looks like luck is on my side. Joined the local club two years ago met a fabulous instructor and passed my A after six months. I destroyed one Riot in the process of learning followed by another one six months later.

Wanting to build again I tried a couple of DW hobby kits recently and found you guys while searching for help due to the abysmal instructions.

Realising that there are a lot of plan builders here I decided to give it a go with the help of a Sarik plan pack, it was either that or buy a fret saw. I chose a Ballerina simply because Peter Miller designs, builds and flies his models I know he is not the only one to do this but I suspect some kits and ARTFs have never been built and test flown by the manufacturers. Hey we are modelers work out how to fix it. No problem.

What is next?

I have bought my first IC a Saito FG21 and a VQ Giant Stick to put it in.

also a Phoenix 2000 as I have always been attracted to silent flight.

then....

Fournier RF4 and ..

Bigger house workshop and van.

OMG I am becoming obsessed.

Thanks guys.

For all the fun I have had over the last two years and hopefully for many more to come.

Steve