RDS.what is it?

Despite having my copy of RCM&E shoved through the letterbox every month I rarely had time to sit and read all the interesting stuff you can find there.

Since the lockdown I have purchased several new bits and pieces including a new Slec T240 and a beautiful Laser 180 engine for said model despite the fact that as yet I am unable to fly having never received the required flying lessons. This is now in hand (almost) so whilst waiting for all these things to come together I have indulged in reading through a good number of old copies of the RCM&E and have come across an interesting piece in the June 2019 issue regarding the building of a Hawker Fury which appears to have been written by a gentleman named Danny Fenton. As an older gent myself coming to a hobby quite late in life could someone please tell me what the acronym RDS means? There must be several folk both young and old(er) coming new to the hobby to whom these things mean absolutely nothing. A dummies guide to all things aero modelling would sell like hot cakes I'm sure if it included a list of typically used acronyms and would make the magazines far more enjoyable.

Thanks for any help available. Vic

Thanks Victor.

I have read Danny Fenton's amazing posts and watched the video demonstrating how it works. It works like magic frown

I don't understand!

Yet another mystery to add to my list of interesting information that is beyond me.

The list is getting longer!

It started when I was at school when I read a book by Bertrand Russel.

It was called Einstein's Theory of Relativity.smiley

Thanks you gave me an interesting interlude while waiting for glue to dry.

Cheers

Steve

This has an amusing side - single-channellers have been using 'RDS' in the form of torque-rods since the dawn of time. The original 1967 S/C Veron Impala plan showed the very linkage referred to in the RCG thread - an angled shaft rotating in a sleeve within the control surface:

impala_rudder.jpg