how much?

hi all, ive been away for a good few years (about 15) when i was last flying i mainly had glow planes, but at the end had a foam delta thing that the name escapes me now that ran on nicads with a brushed motor, brushless and lipo batteries were just to expensive at the time.... now ive returned i had planned on just getting a slope soarer to chuck in the car,, but looking at the brushless motors and speed controller prices (£15 the pair) i may just go that route instead, it probably would have been £100+ back then.... is this Chinese stuff really ok

again 9g servos for a couple of quid... i must be dreaming!

Edited By sqweaka on 18/07/2020 14:39:22

Nope you are not dreaming.

Yes it is ok in that it lasts as long as it needs to especially in the hands of a novice like mewink

I have an Ares Alara RTF fits in the car built up ideal for a quick fly after dinner.

I have just bought a Volantex Phoenix 2000 v2 for just over £108.31 complete with servos motor and esc (BNF).

Just one example.

Steve

sqweaka

I should make hay while the sun shines.

China stuff is not as cheap or as plentiful as it was and it is likely to get more expensive as the prolonged effect of Covid 19 sinks in.

Yes it used to be so expensive you had to consider reusing the RC bits in a plane but now any sort of an RTF foam plane air frame is likely to be more expensive to replace that the RC equipment inside it.

I remember back in the 80s when a micro servo cost £21, A large proportion of a weeks pay.

£4 or so for a really good one that willlast and last.

But then I can remember when ECC Telecommander single channel radio cost £10. That was in about 1954. Most of a weeks pay and I never did get a flight out of it. (I had been left some money by my grandfather, about the only decent thing he ever did!!)