Fournier RF-4

13 hours ago, John Wagg said:

As well as gluing the pilot in, can you use a screw from underneath the cockpit for extra security ?

I thought that's a good idea and I am always in favour of belts and braces so full of enthusiasm I turned the fuselage over to find ☹️

IMG_20210628_093314603.thumb.jpg.8e9be55f7c43f659f0c0ca29bcaac820.jpg

that 'someone' has put a servo tray in the way. I then thought I could drill holes in the tray through which I could screw. More lightning holes I thought not a good idea for a slow flying model. ?

Only glue used.

15 hours ago, Fun Flyer said:

no scratches and no glue marks.

It's not easy to do this or conversely it's easy to scratch and put glue marks on the outside, as I have found out.

I had a perfect fit then when the glue was applied it just refused to go in the same position.

Not to worry more good practice for me.

IMG_20210628_093416043.thumb.jpg.fe9ce7417db0de985ba8db539762be3e.jpg

Having put the idea of screws in my head I added some at the corners, just to make sure. 

I think it passes the 50' test not sure about 2' though. ?

Which does not matter to me as I am having fun.

Cheers

• Like 2

All done and ready to fly.?

IMG_20210629_091742890.thumb.jpg.93858e86356c8869d94b967cff76b39d.jpg

The electric conversion has worked out well the combination of built up tail feathers and positioning the battery as far forward as possible has worked out surprisingly well, with a 3S 2200 it balances on the plan CofG. The throws are all set as on the plan. I am now wondering what the all up weight is, just out of curiosity on my part. Where can I get a set of scales from?

Thanks

Maiden to follow. ?

• Like 2

Looking great EB.  Good luck with the maiden but I think you'll find it trouble free.

The current issue of "Pilot" magazine has a very good feature on the Fournier with some terrific photos.  Now, how can I fit a smoke system to an electric model!

• Thanks 1