Marutaka project

kevin b

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

A quick pass with the plane on the fuselage, and a mask, some music in the workshop will make the balsa softer to sand,,,

It's not the material, or worrying about getting it right Paul.

It's just that I spent a large part of my adult life rubbing down filler and paint on motor cars !

2 minutes ago, kevin b said:

It's not the material, or worrying about getting it right Paul.

It's just that I spent a large part of my adult life rubbing down filler and paint on motor cars !

You should know all the shortcut then! 😅

I fill your pain, sanding and more sanding is where I'm at currently. Just stay focused on, it will look wonderful when it done.

Well, that's the woodwork done (forgot to put the control surfaces on for the photos !).

This is usually as far as I go with these builds.

However this one is going to be my twin trainer, so I will return later with some finished photos.

While I have been building the Victor I have been going through a "practice piece" with my "new trainee", who is fairly new to the hobby and has not built a scale model yet.

We have been putting together the Junior Spitfire (he ain't gonna fly it !!!).

It has been built to take a .46 size electric motor with plenty of room for batteries.

So if anyone is interested in finishing it off (at a very reasonable price), please let me know.

Postage would be a problem as it is over the 1.2 metre limit for low cost shipping.

Photos of the build will follow and then I will start on the next one. The FW 190A-8.

Again, I am not bothered about finishing it so if anybody is interested let me know and I can build it to the appropriate power option.

My "trainee" has decided to build a Pitts S-2 as his first solo scale build (he won't be flying that one either for a while !!)

IMGP1080.JPG

IMGP1081.JPG

• Like 10

While waiting for paint to dry.

Does anybody want to finish of a 53ins span Spitfire MkV ?

It has been set up to take an electric motor and retracts.

I have used it as a demonstration piece for one of our new members, who wants to build scale models.

More photos to follow.

1 (1).JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

2.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Then you haven't the right fuel, carb adjustment or the right exhaust, nothing worse for me than a warbird that sounds like a fly trapped in a bottle.

Now, now children. play nicely.   :classic_biggrin:

The model is already completed as far as I am concerned. So all it needs now is a new owner to finish it off.

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9 (1).JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG