Covid Vax......club passports?.

SIMON CRAGG

Gonzo, I assume your position is that there should be no research into cures for the current pandemic and we should simply ignore it because, in any case it's a hoax and doesn't actually exist. I suppose it's view but not one I'd support.

If you haven't watched any mainstream news then presumably your research has been done by going to original sources. (obviously you wouldn''t take any notice of so-called social media, would you, as there's no evidence people on there are any better informed than (say) the BBC or goverment spokes-people). You've read peer reviewed papers, studied the research, and taken account of people who've been working and studying the field for many years and presumably could be considered experts. I mean it takes a lot of work to write a PHd thesis let alone do the work that enables it. I've read a few PHd theses and they're hard work, even in my own field. I admire your effort. I just wonder what your degree is? I assume a medical subject since you seem familiar with RNA and DNA and how they are related.

Do you think Jemmer should have ígnored the fact that milkmaids never got smallpox? He, after all invented the idea of vaccination. Without his starting the work smallpox would still be killing millions every year and scarring more rather than be eradicated. Polio is almost defeated, too as a result of vaccination. Waste of time? I remember when the Salk vaccine was approved in the 1960s (?) it was widely celebrated. If people had refused to take it, polio would still rife and there would still be victims consigned to iron lungs, viewing the world through a mirror.

My father suffered from osteo-TB. As teenager in the 1920s he had the top of his femur removed and pinned to his pelvis so he had no hip and one leg 6" shorter than the other. As a result he wore a surgical boot all his life and suffered great back pain for much of it. Fortunately medical research has almost eliminated TB. There were lots of TB sanatoria when I was young. They're all gone now, thnak goodness.

So do I think you're wrong? Yes. I'm older than you and there's a chance I'll be offered the vaccine very soon and I'll take it like a shot. There is a very slim possibilty that it'll harm me but the chances are far greater that Covid 19 will harm me more. I'll probably be dead sometime quite soon (I'll be 81 next month) but a death being unable to breathe doesn't sound like much fun.

Geoff

Mark, Yep sure is. It's more than a little 'woke'!

I'll be back tomorrow with a few comments. Before I leave those in Wales can look forward to credit card size proof of vaccine which I guess will control ones abilities to do many things, maybe even buy food. As Henry Kissinger said "control the oil and you control the country. control the food and you control the people"

Welsh government written statement Para 12.

The last para says it will not be mandatory. But, no doubt private business's will be asking for proof of vaccination before they deal with you/let you in, maybe even super markets, who knows! This way it throws the responsibility on others rather than the Welsh government who can legitimately claim they did not make it mandatory or use coercion and thus did not breach the 'Nuremburg Code'.

Edited By GONZO on 05/12/2020 22:36:57

Posted by Mark Wilson 7 on 05/12/2020 21:42:32:

Is this place always so hostile toward people who think differently to themselves? I'm not sure I want to stay if it is.

Stay as there are loads of helpful people and threads here.

I ignore these argumentative threads normally but was drawn here by a complaint about it to the moderators on another thread.

The way to report a post or thread is use the report icon. Which I assume has been done by others and the padlock is on the way.

Posted by GONZO on 04/12/2020 18:05:20:

I have no intention of having it ever. From official stats there is a 99% recovery and for some one like me, a 73 year old diabetic, it's 95%. If and it's a big if I put my position in writing, as it is still voluntary, and got a written guarantee from the BMFA and club that they would refund all my money in the event of a change of rules that would require me to take the vaccine to continue to use the field(coercion) then I may consider it.

Interesting. I will of course assume that if you do unfortunately become ill with the virus you will also refuse any medical intervention, even if it's life saving?