Flair Hannibal

Basil

Hi all and a Happy New year, may it bring greater joy than 2020 has to most of us.

Is the company 'Flair' still around, cant seem to find out as there is an Add' with a telephone number, no email,t!!!!

I am looking for a plan for the Hannibal, can anybody tell me the latest 'Status Quo'. Has any body have a copy of the plan that I could somehow aquire???

Bas

Edited By Basil on 28/12/2020 13:37:36

Flair have not traded for some years so you will need to source a plan elsewhere sadly.

It's a very simple model with lots of straight lines so if you are repairing or refurbishing then I would question if you need a plan?

If you want to build from scratch then the plan doesn't show all the parts.

A company near Blackpool called Propguy offers a kit that is based on the Hannibal but it is rather expensive in my opinion.

I am saying that the plan is not commercially available, nor us it on plan hosting sites such as Outerzone.

But I also meant that the plan does not show the sizes and shapes of many of the pre-cut components in the kit (fuselage formers, wing ribs etc). So you would have to do a bit of scribbling to derive these parts shape even if you had a plan.

Edited By Alan Gorham_ on 28/12/2020 14:12:56

Basil,

I know someone who has a Hannibal which was part of an estate, it has a petrol engine of some sort but I'm not sure of the size. I am told that it needs some remedial attention but he would like it to go as it is taking up space. If you are interested in an already built one I can put you in touch. I don't think he would need much for it.

Andy.

I have this digital plan of the Hannibal which has clearly been produced by a German gentleman but I don't recall it's origin. Perhaps someone on the Forum can remind me if they know. As said earlier by Alan, a little work is required to draw the fuselage formers and ribs but all the information is there on the plan if you have a little experience working with drawings. I am sure one of the drawing programs would help here but being old school I find a pencil, set square and ruler is adequate.

screen shot 2020-12-28 at 14.05.58.jpg

Posted by Piers Bowlan on 28/12/2020 14:37:08:

I have this digital plan of the Hannibal which has clearly been produced by a German gentleman but I don't recall it's origin. Perhaps someone on the Forum can remind me if they know. As said earlier by Alan, a little work is required to draw the fuselage formers and ribs but all the information is there on the plan if you have a little experience working with drawings. I am sure one of the drawing programs would help here but being old school I find a pencil, set square and ruler is adequate.

screen shot 2020-12-28 at 14.05.58.jpg

I sent it to you. If you open the .dwg file in a CAD package all the info. is there.

Thank you Robert, I couldn't find the .dwg file on my computer or the email you kindly sent although I have now. I only located the PDF file when I posted and unfortunately your name wasn't attached to it. Like you say all the required info is in the .dwg file but at present I don't have a CAD program that can open it, but I am sure my printers can. I will forward the files, if that is OK? Thank you again. yes

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 28/12/2020 17:34:30

Posted by Piers Bowlan on 28/12/2020 17:07:51:

I will forward the files, if that is OK? Thank you again. yes

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 28/12/2020 17:34:30

You are welcome. The more Hannibals the merrier! smiley

I believe Carbon Copy can supply a GRP cowl and I think Inwood models can supply an aluminium one.

Edited By Robert Welford on 28/12/2020 18:11:34

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Ah!  I missed that one!  I stand corrected. 

10" is near enough 1/4 scale.  If building from scratch (or a plan) then it would be easy to adjust F1 to suit.  6 quid more than the DB one though and the latter has the centre already cut and I think the inner edge turned over.

I was hoping this thread would continue!!!. Lets hear from you want to be Hannibal constructors.

I am in fact in the process of constructing, or rather trying to construct a Hannibal. I was hoping to hear from like minded persons to compare notes.

Bas