Hexagon Keys

I have an EFlite Park400 outrunner which I think has swallowed a small foreign body (nut/bolt/washer?) which seems to keep getting stuck between the magnets etc. - i.e. it can be turned over by hand, then jams, so - I need to disassemble the motor to extract the offending item. Now the problem - the two tiny grub screws that hold the rota onto the drive shaft, I can't for the life of me find a Hex Key to fit these grub screws ( I think all my Hex Keys are metric ). Does anyone know what Hex Keys are used in the U.S. that are likely to be used by EFlite? And - what can I use to soften/dissolve the thread lock every outrunner manufacturer anoints their product with just prior to dispatch?

Oh, and I've tried contacting Eflite a couple of times - not digital sausage!

Edited By Doctor Chinnery on 28/12/2020 22:43:04

Is a 1.5 mm a loose fit or will it not go in? Commonly available small imperial sizes are 0.05" and 1/16" - 1.27mm and 1.5875mm

Heat is the best disassembler - can you get the tip of a small soldering iron onto the screw?  TBH, I've never found it necessary.  Look out for a second screw on some motors and be prepared for an interference fit between the shaft and the magnet bell - you will need to press (preferable to hitting) the shaft out.

Edited By Martin Harris - Moderator on 28/12/2020 23:04:32