Lidl Glider RC conversion - The Avro Vulcan!

Bonzo Moon

Part one of my latest Lidl glider RC builds, the Lidl Vulcan! I saw plans for a foamboard Vulcan online and decided it'd look even better with a Lidl nose. 🤓 Luckily I had a spare one kicking around after my Lidl biplane build. Still waiting for electrics to finish it but I think it works really well. I've linked the foamboard original article, with free plans, in my video description

They are perfect for messing with. This is my no 7 conversion! Lidl singles, twin-engined, lightweight, twin boom, AND Lidl Biplane which flew amazingly well! Check out my YouTube channel.

Test flying is out at club sites (and I am BMFA qualified and CAA registered and all that stuff) However, my YouTube channel is monetised (5,600 subscribers) and the income from it is a small part of my pensioner income. I'm prepared to argue, as people have before, that my flying is part of my video making self employment and not recreation ie part of my income , self employed. Plus luckily enough I have a field walking distance that complies with CAA regs.

The maiden for my Lidl/foamboard Vulcan creation will be online tomorrow, absolutely GREAT to fly. Easy.

I was there again today briefly flying the original which was VERY QUICK. Video for that will be out maybe Sunday?

Keep on building mate, keeping me busy through this Covid misery!

My Lidl/foamboard Vulcan gets its maiden!

A little underpowered, but flies like a dream. It came out 300 gms all up, slow and easy to fly. Tomorrow I'll post the maiden of the original all foamboard version of the Vulcan that I based it on. That version came out at 480 gms, AUW but 160 WPP with the 3s lipo and motor they suggest it was a bit scary QUICK for me!

The build blog for my Lidl version and free downloadable tiled plans for the foamboard Vulcan are all linked on the video. 4 sheets of foamboard are a tenner. Give you something to do for an evening during this latest lockdown!

Thanks Steve, and yes, Lidl Vulcan is a bit of a misnomer, in the description in the video I do say Lidl Glider foamboard Vulcan.

How much of an aircraft is the wing and how much is the fusi? A jumbo jet is mostly a jumbo jet because of the fusi? Just a thought.

This came about really cos I'd built a Lidl glider biplane (needed two wings of course) so I had a spare fusi kicking about. Plus had some sheets of board already kicking around too. I saw the all foamboard design , built one and then thought, the nose of the Lidl would enhance it (and I think it does.) A bit fun anyway. Lockdown and Covid syndrome!

Posted by Bonzo Moon on 09/01/2021 17:01:36:

built one and then thought, the nose of the Lidl would enhance it (and I think it does.) A bit fun anyway. Lockdown and Covid syndrome!

It does look very smart with the Lidl Glider Body.

Their is a stork build out of foam board and it looks and flies very well and the upturned Lidl fin works great as the storks legs.

Steve