DX8 Warranty message ????

tigerman

Just brought a DX 8 .Can anyone tell me how I can remove the Warranty message that pops up when you turn the DX 8 off .I know if you leave it a couple of seconds it goes and if you hold the scroll wheel it will also turn off but how do you get rid of the message .I have reg the DX 8 on line but can not get rid off this annoying message on the transmitter

Why? do like this:

Go on Spektrum Community and register your transmitter. go onto DOWNLOAD and download the .SPmtx.sax and find where the file was saved, usually in downloads. copy or move the file onto a formatted SD card.

remove "SD CARD" on the computer not pulling it out or this might corrupt it. insert into the DX8 and turn on.

If this doesn't work, you are doing something wrong.

I have reg my transmitter on the Spektrum web site and that is all OK then I go to downloads and click on download but I get a message saying that it does not support this file and will not download .I do not need to look for the file because it just will not recognize the fie to download it I take it you have to download the file first then put the SD card in after you have downloaded the file then download the file to your SD card .

Maybe better if I leave well alone ,not great at computers and do not want to wipe my DX8 memory

What are you doing? right click on the download box as "save as". its not that hard, use logic.

i think you are trying to open the file with Windows Media Player. do as I said and not run the file. 

Thats how you get viruses, trying to run downloads. Not Spektrum's fault or the transmitter - operator fault. maybe get someone to look at your computer, as it's probably full of malware and trojans if you don't know what you're doing. sorry.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 01/01/2021 18:08:56

Think I will have to give up I just can not work this out .Everything I do it keeps using Window Media Player to download this file and Window Media does not want to download it .I have downloaded Firefox and it still try to download it with Media Player I have right click it and it still will not use any think but Window Media Player .ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Posted by tigerman on 01/01/2021 12:33:19:

Why is nothing straight forward .Tried to update the software for the DX 8 and can not .Message said :This contains an extension and Microsoft does not support this " I get fed up with all this Why can Spektrum just make thing simple angry 2angry 2angry 2

It is due to the very obvious reduction in human intelligence. Not yours, theirs.

Nobody usesWindows Media Player for anything nowadays and the guys at Spektrum must know this.

Arthur C Clarke put it down to over-refined foods.

Take it back to the shop and demand  your money back under the 'unfit for purpose' part of he  'Sale of Goods Act' or whatever it's called this week. Your 'contract' is with the dealer so don't let him pass the buck. A forceful attitude will help here.

Edited By Roger Jones 3 on 01/01/2021 19:12:50

Edited By Roger Jones 3 on 01/01/2021 19:13:49

If wmp is trying to open it you have selected to open it rather than save it. This is not Spektrum's fault. Classic PEBCAK issue.

Right click, save-as, copy to sd card, insert sd card, switch on.

Or let's go through this really slowly.

Ps it does work straight out of the box. But can be made better through updates. It's not complicated. They supposed to come round to upgrade personally?

With modern tech comes a requirement to learn how to use it. It's like my wife, hasn't learnt how to use the iPhone she insisted on then screams at me when it's "not doing what it's supposed to". Same answer: Tardis to the 1960s and go back to land- line.

It is working straight out of the box. It is telling the user that it can have a software upgrade when the user is switching it off...

The user is struggling to operate MS Windows.

I would question the wisdom of buying something that is both user programmable and user updateable if the user expects the equipment to work "out of the box" forever.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 01/01/2021 21:15:55

At home, now, there are upgrades I do on my:

Computers: Antivirus software; Anti malware and software updates;

Phone, similar to computer'

Transmitters and receivers have all been updated, Spektrum and Hitec to the latest firmware, and models backed up from the radio onto backups.

Hifi Sonos streaming unit updates done and music being scanned as and when new material is added onto the NAS

Router have had the password changed and set correctly;

SVS Subwoofer firmware updated.

TV and Blu-ray player updates done.

You make a fair point but if the OP's report is true Spektrum should not have made it dependent on WMP, which is a weird choice for this sort of stuff. Nowadays it's a weird choice for anything.

Also why should it not work straight our of the box? All mine except the old Multiplex Profi 4000 did, initially living with the default settings. The Profi had no defaults, as was well explained in its manual.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 01/01/2021 21:16:15

Posted by tigerman on 01/01/2021 19:56:01:

I finally managed to download it using a different program . Sorry if I have been a pain and thanks you all for trying to help me Sorry I am just completed stupid when it comes to computers yes

There are no stupid questions, as the saying goes.

Happy ending, anyway.

Posted by Roger Jones 3 on 01/01/2021 20:18:47:

You make a fair point but if the OP's report is true Spektrum should not have made it dependent on WMP, which is a weird choice for this sort of stuff. Nowadays it's a weird choice for anything.

Also why should it not work straight our of the box? All mine except the old Multiplex Profi 4000 did, initially living with the default settings. The Profi had no defaults, as was well explained in its manual.

They didn't, and it isn't.

I don't think you've quite understood the issue.

The DX8 does work out the box. It simply nags the user to update the latest firmware when you switch it off. Not an unreasonable request.

Spektrum have not involved WMP in anything.