NGH 38 review Feb. 2021

Martin  McIntosh

Power wise it should be fine, one thing I would check is the length from the fire wall to the front of the cowl, the NGH is a bit longer than a regular OS120 FS glow or side induction 26cc petrol engine. Much like the old Magnatilla which makes fitting 4 stroke glows in them a bit tight (my Magnatilla flew on a Vega 50T which would nearly pull the skin off a rice pudding!)

BTW I did take the rocker arm cover off mine after a bit of running to check the valve clearances, they were fine, and there was lots of oil in there, but note the engine is installed inverted in my model. I did also run some oil on the rockers and down the pushrod tubes, as i mentioned in the article, before I first ran it. The only adjustment I've had to make to it was to lean the top end out a bit once it had done a bit of running.

Unfortunately with Covid I'm not sure how soon I will be able to get it back in the air sad

• 1 year later...

Well I ran mine up a couple of weeks ago after it hadn't flown for several months, choke on, spin the starter and it fired, choke off and restart and it ran great all day. Not the most powerful but OK to pull my 7.5kg Privateer around just fine.

The exhaust is very hot and silicon extension pipes don't last more than one flight.

• Like 1

Mine started to make a

strange noise,

Having listened to the negatives I confess to removing the engine and replacing it for a different one

I did pop the cam out and had a quick peek inside and didn’t find anything out of place

And having shelved the thing for a while it did end up in another plane but in the upright position as Required for the airframe 

once again started to make a weird noise long story short I did find the head bolts needed to be tightened down and this cured the issue 

• Like 1