Good Service!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great customer service from Amazon supplier HRB batteries this week. I've ordered quite a few of their packs in the past year, in their offerings of a pair of batteries of various sizes at palatable prices. The packs are great, delivery is prompt and free through Amazon Prime and they are my lipo supplier of choice. I've never previously had any issue with the packs, but on checking the last pair of 4s1p 2600mah packs I ordered last week one pack had a single cell at 3.06v on delivery, with the other three at 3.75v. Clearly something was wrong. I sent them a message via Amazon, with a photo of the battery connected to a Lipo checker, showing the cell voltages.

After a short delay at the weekend they responded with an apology and the offer of an immediate refund for the pack, plus a small goodwill payment for my inconvenience.  To me that's how customer service should work and they have retained a very satisfied customer. It's not just delivering the goods, it's how a company deals with a problem that provides that good customer service. I was impressed.

I ordered, at the same time, some spares from Motion RC EU and made up the cost to qualify for free shipping* by adding some small lipos to the order. Out of the six batteries one 2s1p 800mah pack had a low voltage cell @3.51v vs the 3.81v of the other cell. Having never had a duff pack delivered since I started routinely checking their voltage two in the same day! I sent Motion RC a photo of the battery on the checker showing the voltages. Their response was to request more photos, showing the whole of the battery, plus a photo of the serial number, in order that they could check if there was any warrant issues with the pack. They also asked that I cycle the pack at least five times, checking the voltage to see if the pack eventually balances out. Now it's not as large a discrepancy as in the HRB pack, it's a smaller, cheaper pack, and I will cycle it to see if it does come back. However, even if it does come back,  that's five cycles wasted, as far as I'm concerned, since I don't do "forming cycles" on packs prior to use, like we used to with NiMhs and it's a bit inconvenient, so I'm a wee bit less impressed with their response compared to HRB.

*When I say free shipping I mean apart from the 20 euro fine for living in Scotland within  a couple of miles of a major route 40 minutes of at least two major distribution hubs, but unfortunately with a hill on the horizon, which somehow qualifies as a remote location.

We popped over to Morris Mini Motors yesterday to discuss making some exhaust extensions for my friends Moki 215cc in his FW190, couldn't be more helpful, we only had a photo and some measurements, but they machined and bent up an adaptor for us to try while we waited (with a coffee too). They also knocked up a simple extension for the exhaust on my NGH 38cc too, for a couple of pounds.

Big thanks to Bob and Morris.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/07/2022 at 09:45, GrumpyGnome said:

Got great service from SMC..... ordered a Double Trouble ARTF mid afternoon on Tuesday last week.  Got delivered less than 24 hour later - free!

Feels like all our model shops with an online presence have really upped their game in the last couple of years.

All shop based retailers (probably apart from fast food enterprises) have had to in order to retain custom.

We may be seeing price increases from every source, but service levels are now starting to make the difference.

Slightly off topic. Has anybody else had the same problem as me with Chinese deliveries ?

Generally I have been happy with the service from AliExpress, particularly with Items I have difficulty obtaining in the UK (or are only made in China anyway).

Over the last few weeks I have had several packages bounced back to China before they got to me. It looks like UK customs are also upping their game !

They weren't very expensive items, but I think it might be that the Chinese are putting their value on them, rather than the retail value !

If we get back to a level playing field we might see more UK manufacturers producing the goods that we want at prices that are affordable (in the then current relevant sense). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's a positive for Banggood. 

I needed some 8x4.3 slow fly props.  Afte an hour searching I found some at a UK retailer.  Just over £2 a prop - delivery £8.95!  Because while there is a postal dispute, they're only using couriers.  I said I was willing to potential delays to use RM but they wouldn't budge.

Resorted to Banggood.  Ordered 5 for well under £2 each, free shipping. Ordered on Wednesday morning last week, they arrived yesterday (8 days from China)!