Good Service!

After enquiring about OS  engine parts in the UK and being advised of up to 6 months wait plus horrendous prices I ordered the bits from  RC Japan . What brilliant service . Great comunication  every step of the way . Posted last Friday 2nd Dec and arrived yesterday Tues 6th . Now that's what I call service. 

Thanks to JRMan for recomendation 👍👍.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 07/12/2022 at 16:50, Engine Doctor said:

After enquiring about OS  engine parts in the UK and being advised of up to 6 months wait plus horrendous prices I ordered the bits from  RC Japan . What brilliant service . Great comunication  every step of the way . Posted last Friday 2nd Dec and arrived yesterday Tues 6th . Now that's what I call service. 

Thanks to JRMan for recomendation 👍👍.

I second that, I ordered some glow plugs from RC Japan, much cheaper than buying them locally and that includes delivery etc.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a bit of a thing about buying online. I really don't like the very notion of ringing up to check if items are in stock - for me it greatly reduces the utility of an online retailer, largely as I make most of my online purchases out of shop hours and when I'm in work I'm not calling up a retailer. However, as a recent retiree I may need to moderate that a little.

That's a long preamble, but it leads to a recent example of excellent personal service from Balsa Cabin. I placed an order for some wood and other small bits in the evening. The site doesn't take payment. Instead a very nice chirpy lady called next day, went through the order, assessed the best method of posting the order, took my card details and confirmed that my order would be sent immediately. All this was whilst this small business was preparing to head off to Weston Park.

The order came as promised in three days, beautifully packed and in perfect condition - no mean feat for 3 foot sections of nice medium balsa trailing edge and leading edge stock, spruce and engine bearer stock. Marvellous service and I will certaily be using Balsa Cabin again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

mention of Good service from 4 Max,and Slec in recent weeks,i ordered some props from Leeds model shop yesterday...and going off past experience i think they will be here asap also....all good retailers.....

ken anderson...ne...1...best of British dept.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent customer service from Amazon UK yesterday. As my current battery reseller of choice with the Zeee power lipos being great value for money, with hassle free next day delivery they are my first port of call. I ordered up a couple of 3s1p 3200mah lipos on Tuesday evening, after some motor tests showed that my 10 year old G=Power packs were just a bit tired and dropping voltage too much. These duly arrived yesterday afternoon and, as always, I opened and checked them. I was horrified to find that one of the two batteries was severely puffed up - far worse than any battery that I'd ever use. Put it on the meter and found one cell badly out of balance. 

1056726166_zee3200mah3s1ppuffed.thumb.jpg.96def80fbda68130267a0f0ada0188a1.jpg

I immediately contacted Amazon and speaking to customer services explained that it would not be safe to put that battery in the returns system and they were very co-operative issuing an immediate refund. We agreed that I'd safely dispose of the damaged battery, the customer services chap said that I need not return the other battery and I just repeated the order this morning, which should be delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed that this one is all correct, as the many Zeee Power batteries that I've purchased before have been.

Very good Leccy. 

I’ve been tempted by the batteries on Amazon, so I might try the Zeees if you’ve had good experience with them. 

Service wise, for my part, and like Ken, Leeds Model Shop again. Made two orders over the weekend and, without me asking, they combined the two and refunded a postage cost. 

• Like 2

Aye, Leeds Model Shop are first class - I get my diesel fuel from there and the service is always great. 

I've found the Zeee Power packs to be very good value for money having tried them when the HRB packs became so popular that the sizes I needed were not available at the time. These 3s1p 3200mah are more than 50g lighter than my G-Power packs. I thought the G-Power packs were superb, They last a long time and don't puff up, but sadly they haven't been readily available for some time in the popular sizes.

• Like 1

+1 for Zees. And they sometimes have amazing offers as well

+1 for Amazon too. Always been good, always excellent ti deal with if there are issues

Shout out for Just Engines too. They consistently provide fast service, are very helpful, and checked out a cdi for me at no charge!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I want to give a shout out to https://www.modelfixings.co.uk/ for not only a very prompt service with every order but also the high quality of their products.

I've been experimenting with fasteners and did try some from Amazon which were total rubbish, the quality of fasteners from Modelfixings is in a different league. 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Shout out for 3DRX, not used them before but they had some aeronaut props I wanted, ordered yesterday afternoon arrived in post at lunchtime today. 👍

Also bought some bits (glow switch and magneto cutout) from Mike at Model Radio Workshop on Monday afternoon, arrived Wednesday.👍