Flat Metal Pin hinges (Radio Active)

Are these the ones with an L shaped pin? When I used to use them I buried the bent end into the wing alongside the leaf so they were definitely not coming out. If you want them removable replace the individual wires with a single length inserted from one end and passing through all the hinges on that surface. Retain the wire with a screw or just a flap of covering at the end.

Posted by Brian Dorricott 1 on 03/02/2021 15:13:57:

Does anyone know what keeps the pins in these hinges when fitted as there is no extra length in the pin to bend or solder . I fancied using them but am worried about retaining them because if you use glue then they lose the removal capability . Any thoughts on them ?

There is usually a plastic flap clip at one end of the hinge for the angle to clip into,

but if not that type, then you can assemble the hinge such that the angle pin goes into the wood when pushed in.

Edited By Denis Watkins on 03/02/2021 16:18:19

There are fibre hinges and fibre hinges. Some of the poorer ones break up pretty quickly, and even the better ones eventually have to be replaced - by pinned hinges. The latter are certainly more work, but I think it is worth it, so that I now tend to fit pinned hinges when I put a model together - as I am doing right now.