RAF's Finest Biplane? Hawker Fury MkI

Hi Stuart The background on this is lighter is lighter, and the colours stronger. It's difficult to get exact colours from photos, but this seems pretty close

A wee thought about the other side, is it exactly the same, or reversed

erniefurycockthree.jpg

Edited By Ernie on 27/05/2019 08:30:05

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to this build forum!!

Have been studying Dennis Bryant Hawker Fury Mk 1 plans and wondering whether I can build it. If I do I will go down the electric route and adapt the design accordingly - BUT - has anyone got any info on motor/battery/prop that will work on this model? Also I see on this forum that brass etched bits were sourced from PPD - are these still available?

Hi Martian there was indeed talk of us all meeting up, possibly at Buckminster for the RCM&E fun fly later in the year. Not sure how others are doing, the blogs seem very quiet.

Welcome from me too David. As has already been suggested a read of the Fury threads in this section of the forum will give you all the information you will need as well as the motor, esc, batt and prop. Well at least what I have chosen.

You will see Eric's name pop up from time to time, Eric sourced the etched parts and can perhaps help you source them.

Cheers

Danny

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I will get in touch with PPD on Monday. I will have to read through the forum again - I must have missed the bits about electrics first time round! I do agree that there is a wealth of info about the build here and amazed at the technical ability of some of the contributors!

David

Just back from a few days away and see that there is a suggestion of meeting at the R C M&E Fly-in in September. Great idea, however I am already booked for the 13/15 September! Anyway I cannot see my Fury complete by that time as I will be away from my workshop for the month of July. What about next year?

Graham

• 2 weeks later...