Site Problems?

I’m guessing that your login was saved although the logging in wasn’t as easy for me as we’ve been using various test sites and dealing with some issues resulting from non-standard permissions.

Looking at the number of users who’ve got in with no problems suggests it should be fairly seamless the next time. 

Sorry I can’t give you more info at this time. 

I browse the site in Firefox on a laptop pc with 1366x768 pixel resolution screen. The site banner plus top advert (currently Twister Ninja 250) occupies nearly the whole of the display area. To see any content, e.g. post listings, I must scroll down.

I tried enabling Adblock Plus on modelflying.co.uk (presumably not what the site owners want) but it does not block the banner advert anyway.

Please consider useability versus advertising - seeing no content without scrolling has already become a chore.

Like others I can't login as "user name or password not recognised". Asked for a password reset and waited for the email but it still hasn't arrived. Clicking on the unread posts  I get to the forum and am signed in already. Teething problems.

John

Edited by John Tee
bad typing

When you go to the front page, modelflying.co.uk there is a log in link on the black bar towards the top. This does not appear to work properly, I had multiple failures.

To log in, click on the forums link, then when you get to the forum click on the 3 dashes in the top right and you get to a log in link there, I had no trouble using that one.

Hi, 

I too have discovered that the front login is not working, however I have managed to get in using the Forum log in. 

I am experiencing issues with this too,  I had to reset my password to gain entry initially for some reason, then when I came back and tried logging in again, it told me my password was not recognised, and I ended up having to reset it a second time. 

Now before posting this I had to reset it a third time as again returning to the forum login tells me my password is wrong. I am using an iPad Pro and I use its key store to generate my passwords each time and save them for the site and I know I am entering the correct one each time I have tried logging in. 

Not sure what is going on but it seems to be accepting my generated password and iOS is storing it against the site in my keychain, it is then reusing it when I attempt to log in again, but the site is not accepting it. Each time I reset it I have logged out and then straight back in no problem, but it seems if I log out and return later it doesn’t like the password anymore. 

Really strange !

9 hours ago, Gavin Mack said:

Just noticed that windows 10 edge browser says site not secure, is this something we should be bothered about

The site is still not using https:// (as most sites today, including anything that processes financial transactions). It’s probably only an issue if you choose to submit any personal information to the site, as that will be transmitted in the clear rather than encrypted.

Is the PM system working ok? I messaged another member to test it, he got the message but his reply was bounced so he replied via phone text.

I've checked my account settings (e-mail address etc) and it all looks ok. Perhaps others can try to message me, the problem could be at his end, cheers, Gary.

7 minutes ago, Gary Binnie said:

Is the PM system working ok? I messaged another member to test it, he got the message but his reply was bounced so he replied via phone text.

I've checked my account settings (e-mail address etc) and it all looks ok. Perhaps others can try to message me, the problem could be at his end, cheers, Gary.

I've just PM'd you, Gary

1 hour ago, Gary Binnie said:

The edit function is there initially but disappears within a few minutes, perhaps a setting needs tweaking to make it permanently available?

This forum has always been like that Gary. Previously it was a ~10 min window to edit posts, now it seems to have been cut down to ~2 mins which I can't say is an improvement given my poor spelling and typing skills, but there you go!

2 minutes ago, Geoff S said:

I've sorted out a few things and it's all looking good from my POV.  However, I haven't found the spell checker yet. Is there one?

Geoff

I don't think there is one. Many forum tools have got rid of them as using the browser spellcheck functionality works better (most obviously because it can be language specific).