Site Problems?

1 hour ago, EarlyBird said:

Also search for "NGH GT9 Pro" gives no results because all words a 3 characters.

Interesting

Well I think so?

Wildcards appear to raise the letter count in searches. Careful what you wish for though, this search took quite a few seconds

image.png.f3040261632fca3bd3c6bf30a4402bb8.png

So - Try searching for NGH*  Quite a few results come up.

image.png.1d2a4e85bce18d121a6c77f319d500a2.png

• Like 1

Hi John,

Give me a moment to get a couple of photos.

But apparently you use shift and return keys at the same time to insert a gap/lines between photos.

small.886409.jpg.c16e4e333c95c57ba27daee
Some text

some more text

Ok I copy and paste the photo and just press return which places the cursor below the photo.

and drag and drop

small.886645.jpg.0f8baee085bcce5a90f9d82

More text

Does the same.

Edited by EarlyBird
More info added

I appear to be having two issues: One i noted yesterday, and the second that i realised in listing the first issue!

So issue A:

The text is being stripped out of my post. 

This text is the second time ive added it to the picture, the first time it was posted the post uploaded, but not the text...

(the pic below no longer refers to this post, but is relevant to a subsequent post)

image.png

Edited by Dale Bradly
to add missing text

21 minutes ago, John Rickett 102 said:

Can someone explain please, how to insert a picture between two paragraphs. I can see that its possible from earlier posts, but if I add a picture, it always appears at the end of the text.  

I added a couple of photos in a blog then submitted.  Then edited and added text afterwards.  That worked ok , but not sure how to do it yet another way without submitting first and then editing.

Issue B:

I think i'm having an issue thus:

At the end of each page is a reply box. if i use that one, e.g. the one at the end of page 1 of this thread, it will not post. THis is what promted the image in my post above. (This post that simply said "test" would not go, note the red error message.)

If however, i use the reply box at the very end of the thread, all is well.

I think. i haven't made enough posts to confirm, but this seems to have been the case in two posts made since new forum.

Edited by Dale Bradly
cause fingers weren't as fast as brain

4 minutes ago, Low pass Pete said:

I added a couple of photos in a blog then submitted.  Then edited and added text afterwards.  That worked ok , but not sure how to do it yet another way without submitting first and then editing.

When you add the photo

Immediately press return and the cursor moves from the right of the photo to below the photo.

1 hour ago, Dale Bradly said:

I appear to be having two issues: One i noted yesterday, and the second that i realised in listing the first issue!

So issue A:

The text is being stripped out of my post. 

This text is the second time ive added it to the picture, the first time it was posted the post uploaded, but not the text...

(the pic below no longer refers to this post, but is relevant to a subsequent post)

image.png

Interesting I've had that. I think that again once the text is entered hit return before adding the photo.

Hi Guys
Couple of questions,hope this is the right place.

First of all, looking for some info on the old SAS Blob, did a google search which came up with several posts on the old, pre-migration, site.
Trouble is when I try to click on those. I get the message 'page cannot be found'.
Does this mean all previous posts have been lost, or am I missing something?
Also, on the old site there used to be a way of bookmarking particular threads, so could get notification when someone else posted.
Can't see a way to do that here, or, again, am I missing something?

Thanks

Jeff

Unfortunately, there was no way to bulk convert links posted to other pages within the old forum so you’ll need to search for the threads that the links pointed to. Any links to outside sites should still work correctly. 

The other possibility if you’re stumped is to use the internet wayback machine and once on that site enter “modelflying.co.uk” which will allow you to look at various snapshots taken over many years. Many links will still work within this. 

13 hours ago, John Rickett 102 said:

Ok Chaps, Thanks for the assistance, I'll have a go the next time I post. I also see there is a 'preview' option so that may help in preventing adding a post that I can't subsequently edit. 

If you really get stuck John please get in touch with one of the moderating team...I'm sure we can help with a late edit if you need one but as EB says the edit time is now 20 mins so should be enough.....?