Peter Miller 0-four9ier

EarlyBird

• 4 weeks later...

Well it was flat calm but the light was terrible to photograph a white model. But I got some shots.

The model flew well and soon climbed to a dot in the sky. It will thermal well. I knew that from the Cox powered one.

It is aerobatic but don't expect precision aerobatics.

Now I just want to fly it in better light.

Ofournier 091.JPG

Ofournier 175.JPG

Ofournier 165.JPG

• Like 3

Peter, could we have a glimpse of the motor bay and battery area of the electric version please?

I have the original plans from RM Oct 92 and would like to build an electric version but I cannot wait until the latest version is published but want to modify the old plans.   Seeing how you did it would help.

Thank's Peter.    It's all clear and I notice some modifications that I hadn't expected like keyhole cowl fixing.   Some traditional items too like torque rod aileron servo and rubber banded wings.

16 minutes ago, Wihtgar said:

Don't the regs say that the operator number has to be on the fuselage somewhere ...............?

This may be true but it is off topic as we are talking about the model not registration numbers, which has more than adequately been covered in another Topic to the point where I am bored with it.

The rules state "The main body of the aircraft." My wings are bigger than the fuselage therefore must be the main body.

It may have been noticed by some that my input to this forum has been considerably reduced since it was mutilated.

If anyone starts nitpicking on MY threads they will get a short sharp answer which will get me completely banned for life.

You have been warned!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter Miller said:

The rules state "The main body of the aircraft." My wings are bigger than the fuselage therefore must be the main body.

Peter raises an interesting point regarding the definition of the main body - something that many of us may have taken to mean the fuselage.  There may well be some merit in discussing it but this thread would be more appropriate.

Peter.   I found that by bookmarking 'Latest Posts' and changing a few settings like brightness and  compacted that the forum now works pretty much the same as the old forum.  I still miss the number of replies figure in latest posts -  a good guide to whether question has never been answered at all or gone unnoticed - but otherwise OK.  Except of course all my old photos are more difficult to find but at least they are there.    So the 'mutilation' has been mitigated to a large extent if the settings are tweaked.