SH32 IC engines

Brian Dorricott 1

Anyone had one of these SH32 glow engines yet ? Are they any good basically as I was looking for a pair of small cheap engines about that capacity and since ASP/SCs demise not many budget ones about . In a perfect world a pair of OS or equivalent Saitos would be nice but funds will not stretch anywhere near that and they are under £90 each . Eventually destined for a mid size Sarik Anson so want something pretty much identical on either wing .

never tried one but their look reminds me of the force branded engines i used to use in my nitro car. They were ok and tolerated my off road abuse for years. 

Also, i would suggest that JE would not sell them if they knew they were garbage so you are probably safe.  

• Like 1

Willing to consider second hand?

OS 40 Surpass, a nice clean one can be had for £100 (for certain) and if lucky for a lot less.

OS 40 FP - same power and weight and silencer and mount as the average .32 ball race 2 stroke. Always some for sale on the popular auction site - and no bearings to go wrong.

Both are supremely easy to tune with an airbleed carb that has fairly a small throat with correspondingly good fuel draw, and are about as reliable as it gets.

The LA 40 or 46 is a drop in replacement for the FP, they would be on my list too, although the FP have better production values.

Duncan Hutson's original Anson used Irvine 30 two strokes which were very much mild "Sport" engines.

Not totally sure a modern, more performance oriented porting, ABC 32 is the ideal match for an Anson. Like Nigel, I'd consider OS40 Surpasses (I've got three which have been great performers over decades) if 4 stroke, or OS40FP or Enya 40SS if two stroke. All bulletproof slogging engines.