Technicqll aluminium epoxy paste. Any good?

• 4 months later...

I've used K-Poxy, a metal loaded epoxy to repair exhaust systems, including gluing hangers onto them. I've also run qualification tests on epoxy components to go on jet engines. In one case a component was better in all respects (tensile, peel, indentation, fluid susceptability) after a test at 250°C for five hours, than before.

Whatever epoxy you use, once its cured, do a post-cure by taking the component to above the temperature it will see in service for about 12 hours without putting any load on the joint. Otherwise the first time it gets warm the joint will go rubbery and in all likelihood the joint will fail. Putting glass or carbon fibres across the crack would help increase the strength across the joint.

Make sure all parts are thoroughly degreased before attempting the bond, and warm the parts with a hair drier to get the epoxy to as low a viscosity as possible.

This JB Weld Epoxy Putty should take the temperature: JB Weld High Temperature Epoxy Putty

Even JB Weld original can take over 280°C: JB Weld Original

Don't be tempted to go for anything that is rapid/5 minute or anything like that, they aren't as strong.

I looked at JB Weld Extreme Heat, but it appears to be much the same as Holts 'Gun Gum'.