Seagull Boomerang Trainer Experiences.

David Davis

At long last I finally got to maiden flight my new Boomerang today at the field and I wasn't disappointed.   It flew as a steady as a rock and came in for a nice smooth landing.  The Saito fourstroke just added to the pleasure.   I'm glad I bought the Boomerang,  it handled the light winds very nicely.  I would recommend this trainer to anyone looking for a nice relaxing flight.  

20220324_162315.jpg

20220324_162247.jpg

20220324_162215.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 13/01/2022 at 13:36, aidan mcatamney said:

I was thinking of fitting a receiver switch with a charging jack this time round Denis, so I wouldn't have to take off the wing or unscrew the hatch to check the battery.  Did you just use an ordinary switch?

While convenient, i would always charge batterys outside of the model, should the worse happen, you would lose your battery pack, not your whole model! I've seen it happen a few times!!

13 minutes ago, tizdaz said:

While convenient, i would always charge batterys outside of the model, should the worse happen, you would lose your battery pack, not your whole model! I've seen it happen a few times!!

Are you referring to LiPos tizdaz? I've had one explode when it was outside the model and it set fire to two other models which were hanging on the wall, one of which took me fourteen months to build. I've never had a problems with Nicads or NiMhs exploding.

I'd fit a receiver switch with a charging jack without a care Aidan provided you are not powering your receiver with a LiPo.

2 minutes ago, David Davis 2 said:

Are you referring to LiPos tizdaz? I've had one explode when it was outside the model and it set fire to two other models which were hanging on the wall, one of which took me fourteen months to build. I've never had a problems with Nicads or NiMhs exploding.

I'd fit a receiver switch with a charging jack without a care Aidan provided you are not powering your receiver with a LiPo.

hiya buddy, yeh mainly lipos, but for the sake of a few mins removing the battery, i always charge the battery outside of model, it also allows you to fully visually inspect the battery for any damage etc 😉

2 hours ago, David Davis 2 said:

Hi David, I always use Nimh battery's to power my receiver and I also use good quality receiver switches with charging Jack's and never had a problem.  I'm flying 36 years.  

2 hours ago, tizdaz said:

hiya buddy, yeh mainly lipos, but for the sake of a few mins removing the battery, i always charge the battery outside of model, it also allows you to fully visually inspect the battery for any damage etc 😉

I don't use lipos to power my receiver, I always use Nimh battery's and I'm flying 36 years without any problems in this department 

3 hours ago, jrman said:

I have stopped using switches with built in charging jacks as the volt drop across the switch can be excessive. Not sure why this is but I have measured over 1volt  drop even with expensive branded switches. 

I've never had a problem with a receiver switch that has a charging jack and I'm flying rc aircraft 36 years.  

I think the Saito 62 and Boomerang is the perfect partnership , plenty of power but not screaming 2 stroke power and a relaxed fly . The only time a Boomerang does something out of the ordinary is if  youve caused it . I would also say that having had Saito and 4S brushless versions the Saito was a better flier than the electric one , maybe a weight thing .

1 hour ago, Brian Dorricott 1 said:

I think the Saito 62 and Boomerang is the perfect partnership , plenty of power but not screaming 2 stroke power and a relaxed fly . The only time a Boomerang does something out of the ordinary is if  youve caused it . I would also say that having had Saito and 4S brushless versions the Saito was a better flier than the electric one , maybe a weight thing .

I totally agree

• 4 months later...