Electric Motor Won't stop on Low Motor command on thre Tx

Tosh McCaber

Just setting up a powered glider.  However, I can't get the motor to stop on low throttle.  I have a motor cut off switch thankfully on my Spektrum DX9, but even at -125 on setting up the motor on Servo Setup, the motor's still running slowly.  Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

If you have the motor cut off sorted, might I suggest the prop turning slowly is a safety feature. It tells you the motor is ready to go. The throttle stick is live. You can’t ignore a turning prop.

Petrol head here, does my electric models as though they are a glow plug, and that is what the system does, and I think it’s a good system. 
prop no turn, it’s not moving unless I shift that switch.

shift switch, prop turns slowly, hand in, hurts, don’t repeat, fingers still attached. Don’t shift throttle. 
Don’t go to stage three. 

Edited by Don Fry
  • Confused 1

Hello,

Are you certain that the TX is actually telling the RX to send the -125% when the switch is closed? Normally the ESC will only arm if the signal it receives is below the minimum throttle level, so how do you arm the ESC and when you do, what does the motor then do?

Simon

Sorry- forgot to press the submit button re this response a couple of replies ago!  Pat Mc- you and I are on the same track re esc calibration!   I remembered about calibrating the motor/ esc that I'd read somewhwere. 

Sure enough, switched on the Rx, Tx off.  Set the Tx throttle stick to full throttle.  Switched on the Tx.   No throttle movement on the plane.  Then pulled the throttle stick down to low throttle.  Still no response, since I was on low throttle (unlike previously).  Pushed the throttle stick up, and the motor powered up.  Pulled the stick down, and the motor cut off at the low throttle stick setting.

Hopefully that's done it!

• Like 1