Vickers Valiant?

Matt Carlton

Many years ago, I used to fly slope in Derbyshire with a great group of lads, one of whom, John Vaughan, had a honking great Vickers Valiant PSS model (and a bunch of others as well I remember). 

Does anyone happen to know if that came from a kit or plan or more likely an own design? 

Many thanks 

• Like 1

From memory Matt, John was the type to design and build his own models, that was very much the ethic and culture in PSS at the time (and still is to a large degree although we see a lot more power kit conversions these days too!)

I dont recall ever seeing John with his Valiant, my most vivid memory having flown with him a few times was his large Cutlass, again an O/D as I understand.

726.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply chaps. 

Alan - yes, very similar, but it was white. Although it may have been a smidge bigger, but I was smaller then! 

Ah, I remember that Cutlass very well, he used to fly it below slope height a lot of the time. I may have even twiddled the sticks. He had a really nice Ki-61 Hien as well.