EdgeTX - the new OpenTX, probably...

MattyB

So it looks like the stagnation in OpenTX we have seen for the last 12-18 months or so may finally be over with a new fork called EdgeTX:

https://edge-tx.org

Info is very scant at this point, but it sounds like many of the new features anticipated like touchscreen support for the TX16S, Tango 2 support etc. will be in there. Tentative date for initial release will be June 21st, so not too long to wait to find out what will be added. More in JB’s most recent live stream, around the 1h05 point:

My gut feeling is that catering for touch-screen transmitters is a good time for a fork regardless of the politics. There will be much to alter and probably much to go wrong in the short term. Maybe once touch-screen is fully working, OpenTX and EdgeTX can be merged again (rather like CleanFlight and BetaFlight did).

Me and my Horus will be sticking with OpenTX for now anyway. Hopefully EdgeTX will open the full potential of RadioMaster etc and set the benchmark for modern transmitters.

• Like 1

Progress - EdgeTX menus...

...and touchscreen working in TX16S...

Early days, but it does look promising that the early releases will have some worthwhile new features, especially if you have a TX16S. 

Edited by MattyB
  • Like 1