BMFA News

The latest issue of BMFA News has just dropped through my letterbox. On the front cover is a circular headline saying "Here comes the Summer!"

The local TV news has just been telling me that in the last 24 hours, we've had a month's worth of rain, here in "sunny" Devon!

Grrrr!

?

--

Pete

37 minutes ago, john stones 1 Moderator said:

Well i don't know why your complaining, that's pretty much how an English Summer goes.

Been lovely up here in Gods County. ?

I didn't realize you were living in Yorkshire.

You have  gone up in my estimation !

Been a bit mixed up here in the North Riding, but that is normal.

:classic_smile:

Been glorious on East Yorks coast this last couple of days - got myself a real 'farmers tan'!  Mind you those few days followed cold, wet, windy days causing fair bit of frost damage to the plants that were fooled by the previous warm weather.

Today is grey, wet and breezy so indoor pottering is the order of the day I think.

"Todays weather was brought to you by an exiled Welshman".

GG

P.S. wonder if God has a favourite part of Yorkshire .....

Edited by GrumpyGnome

12 hours ago, john stones 1 Moderator said:

Where you live Kevin ? Beautiful rivers oop norf. Did you know Mr Wilkes n Amos ?

Out in the countryside near the French outpost of Pate-le-Bridge.

Most of the neighbors wear wool coats all year round and we don't do soap operas. We have real characters.

I have lived here for nearly 35 years and am almost accepted as a local !

Nearest flying club is 2 miles away and if necessary I can walk all of 15 yards to fly at the side of my house (weather permitting).

I consider myself extremely fortunate, though getting to this point has involved many years of hard work.

Yesterday morning (Friday so no i/c) overcast and a bit chilly, but barely a breath of wind, 4 of us at the field. Excellent time had by all, just needed to allow for the grey sky and not fly too far out. 
Always keep in mind what I was told years ago when I went up to fish the Spey for the first time: There is no such thing as bad weather, you’re just wearing the wrong clothes. And you might say in this context, you also brought the wrong model(s).