John Stones Moderator.

Thats a shame, I thought you were rarther good at it.

I perticularly enjoyed your down to earth attitude and common sence advice but I imagine its not a very plesent task at times, for any of the Mods.

• Like 1

So, as Jon is not leaving, but merely in disguise, the new name………

you can do all sorts, but the French, a language that gives a word lots of different work, works well, Jean Noyau, or plural John Lesnoyau, and appropriate.

Core, pit, stone. 

• Like 1

... in my musical youth, if I recall correctly it used to be "Judy in disguise"...  ?

But Don is right regarding the French language, although the plural form should be "Jean LesnoyauX"...

The Dutch form "Jan Pitten" should be equally usable of course...

You did a great job, Jean... we'll miss you, mate.

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks for your past efforts John and I hope you continue on the forum as just an ordinary member.

But why should anyone have to change their name on the forum just because they are no longer a Moderator?  

( In the past there were Mods and Rockers so I presume if one is no longer a Mod one might then become a Rocker! )

• Like 1

Nothing sinister going on - when John became a moderator he changed his forum name to identify his new role, to John Stones - Moderator just as I did (not the John Stones bit of course!).

I will certainly miss John on the moderating team - he's made a massive contribution with his no nonsense approach and hard work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McG 6969 said:

... in my musical youth, if I recall correctly it used to be "Judy in disguise"...  ?

But Don is right regarding the French language, although the plural form should be "Jean LesnoyauX"...

The Dutch form "Jan Pitten" should be equally usable of course...

You did a great job, Jean... we'll miss you, mate.

Cheers

Chris

Chris, I bought a Turbot in the fishmongers today. My fishmonger is next to the green grocery. One to another, fast, efficient?  I, having idly, planned the baking, over the afternoon, at 1800 hours, all the bits bought, or gathered, oven on, equally idly, asked beloved, (unpacker of shopping), where’s the fish.

My French is good enough to establish, they have it, it was still cold when found. I will come tomorrow. Amid the giggles, I suspect, they might just clap me in. 
Thank you for the lesson. 
Chris, I had a conversation a while ago, the French speaker, I think, said, this term to describe the core of belief ( of political principle ), holding a fist over heart. Wrong or right/could be right?

• 2 weeks later...